Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #241

Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler
I'm still blown away by how fast, and without sacrificing quality, you made your own conversion. Get out and enjoy it!

Herb
Thanks, Herb.
I should be eating freshly speared fish within a couple weeks.

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder
Sweet! I think you've got the new indoor record for build time.......

Can you share more info on the bed supports? They look interesting.
I was wracking my brain for days trying to figure out and easy, simple way to attach the rods for the bed support. It came to me laying in bed when I should have been sleeping. After working all day with electrical and soldering terminal ends onto cable, I had a plan. The supports are just 3/8" aluminum solid rod. I took some 1/0 terminals and bent them so they could be bolted to the bottom edge of the boxes with a 3/8" bolt. I also dropped some solder into the bottoms of them so they had a flat solid surface for the rods to seat against. So you just have to stick the three rods into the terminals and fold the bed over on top of them. It is rock solid. I think it would even support a threesome. hahaha
Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 PM   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie
I am also amazed at how fast you rig came together. Van back from Quigley on 11/1 and ready to rock and roll on 12/30. Very impressive and a beautiful inside. Congratulations.
Thanks, Larrie. I think I'm really going to enjoy it.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:37 AM   #244
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

I'm sure in the annuals of SMB this has to be one of the most fascinating, impressive, high quality rapid builds ever!

Words fail me only because I think I've already exhausted my list of compliments for this project. None seem to fit now, falling short of how amazingly Skinny has put this all together!

Thank you sir for allowing us to witness your build.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 09:45 AM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
I'm sure in the annuals of SMB this has to be one of the most fascinating, impressive, high quality rapid builds ever!

Words fail me only because I think I've already exhausted my list of compliments for this project. None seem to fit now, falling short of how amazingly Skinny has put this all together!

Thank you sir for allowing us to witness your build.
Thanks, JWA.
I think that's like one of the best compliments, ever….. Cheers
Old 01-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #246

I'm not sure the forum should tolerate this type of build thread... It makes the rest of us look awful!
I really enjoyed following your progress (couldn't really keep up though, too quick for me) and the final result.

Quick question for you or anyone else who's been there. Do you think your hot water system could benefit from a small insulated hot water holding tank?

I just started building/designing my water system and was thinking to incorporate such a tank. I'll start a proper thread not to high jack but thought it might benefit everyone...

Well done!
Mr. D
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:24 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi
I'm not sure the forum should tolerate this type of build thread... It makes the rest of us look awful!
I really enjoyed following your progress (couldn't really keep up though, too quick for me) and the final result.

Quick question for you or anyone else who's been there. Do you think your hot water system could benefit from a small insulated hot water holding tank?

I just started building/designing my water system and was thinking to incorporate such a tank. I'll start a proper thread not to high jack but thought it might benefit everyone...

Well done!
Mr. D
Hi Abitibi
Thanks for the compliment but I have seen some other REALLY nice builds on here.

The way I have my system set up, and the way I plan on using it, I don't think it would be beneficial, "to me".
The closed system loop I have consists of less than 5' of 3/4" heater hose plus the heat exchanger itself. It's volume is less than 1 gallon that the water heater has to heat up and it does it very fast. The system hasn't been through a lot of trials yet but I did run 5 gallons through the shower head a couple of times and it stayed hotter than I could have handled it if I was taking a shower both times. I had to turn the mixing valve more toward the cold side for it to be comfortable enough to keep my hand in it.
If you'd like to be able to just turn on a valve and get a glass of hot water at any time, yes, a holding tank would make sense. I don't see that as something I would need on a regular basis. If I happen to take a shower near dinner time, I will probably run some very hot water into one of my tubs at that time so it will be available to do some dishes. But it wouldn't take long at all to get hot water if you just wanted to fire it up for that purpose only.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #248

I AM READY!!!!! I will be leaving for San Diego on the 13th to meet up with the suspension king, Ramsey at Agile Offroad, for a Fox shock system. I will hang out on the Southern coast between San Luis Obispo and Monterey until the end of February when I will be joining he and the group for the Baja adventure.
Old 01-09-2014, 11:18 AM   #249

Thanks Skinny, appreciate your feedback. Enjoy your trip and the soon to be improved ride!

Cheers
Mr. D
1965 Econoline Travelwagon
A few bicycles...and sandals ;)
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:52 PM   #250

Wowzers

I just bought a project 1990 Dodge Ram wagon. Yours looks AWESOME! Great job on the build!
jeepinjeffery is offline   Reply With Quote