Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-07-2013, 06:22 PM   #61

Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Thanks for sharing your build. Do you mind sharing additional info on the shower? I'm looking for a compact mixing valve / outlet and like the one you've selected.

Thanks,
Taylor

taylorvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorvon
Thanks for sharing your build. Do you mind sharing additional info on the shower? I'm looking for a compact mixing valve / outlet and like the one you've selected.

Thanks,
Taylor
Hi Taylor
Here is a link where I bought mine.

http://store.adventuretrailers.com/prod ... hower.html

Dennis
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 04:13 AM   #63
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Skinny I just noticed the roll of material you're calling radiant barrier looks like typical OEM padding, the type found under cargo mats etc----am I right in that?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:32 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
Skinny I just noticed the roll of material you're calling radiant barrier looks like typical OEM padding, the type found under cargo mats etc----am I right in that?
According to Home Depot, it is a radiant barrier. I know it looks pretty much like what you said.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #65

More insulation installed.

Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0094.JPG   DPP_0095.JPG   DPP_0097.JPG  
Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #66
Site Team

Looks like the same stuff I used, but I used the double-sided radiant barrier version, to make penthouse window insulation panels as well for the van windows too.

http://www.bondedlogic.com/construction ... nt-barrier

Herb

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
According to Home Depot, it is a radiant barrier. I know it looks pretty much like what you said.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #67

I started to cut strips of the radiant barrier for between the ridges on the floor. Then I'm going to put a layer of the same stuff I've got on the walls and ceiling and then a 1/2" piece of foam board.

Started to figure out attachment points for the plywood and installed a few nailers.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0096.JPG   DPP_0100.JPG   DPP_0098.JPG  
Old 11-08-2013, 06:41 PM   #68

New tires and wheels installed. I like a lot.....

Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0103.JPG   DPP_0101.JPG  
Old 11-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #69

WOW, you moving fast, looking good.
shadzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #70
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadzima
WOW, you moving fast, looking good.

Boy, Howdy that's for sure---almost too fast!

Skinny not to rain on your progress here but I'd strongly suggest re-thinking using that radiant barrier material on your floor as your photos show. Since its mostly cotton similar to the OEM floor mats it will easily absorb humidity and/or condensation. For some odd reason once it gets damp it seems to never dry out and will eventually cause your floor to rust without your knowledge. I have a few photos of this very thing happening if interested.

Were it me I'd simply use 3/4" plywood on the floor and leave some way for humidity to freely move in and out of the spaces left by spanning the floor ribs. Since I run a cargo-only van I didn't close those spaces off, left them open at the rear doors.

I've seen two many otherwise nice vans suffer significant floor rot both in the rear cargo area as well as under the front OEM floor mats too. My solution up front was complete removal of the OEM mat, apply radiant barrier insulation foil/PVC sandwich, foil side 3M'd to the floor then re-using the OEM mat.

Another possible solution would be to pre-emptively treating the entire floor front-to-back with something like POR-15 silver. Remove the front seats and mat, lightly scuff the entire floor and apply POR-15 per directions. This step would give you superior rust inhibiting protection you don't really have at the moment. The later years of E-Series seem far less able to resist rust which suggests they've reduced some of their finishing processes (ie; gone all cheap on us!). Best to do something now before the rust starts.

Anyway sorry to be a downer-----great progress for certain!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote