Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2020, 08:40 PM   #91

That's a good idea. I just happen to have a handy incline and a pressure washer. Can't make that van more of a mess.

Old 12-31-2020, 04:24 PM   #92

Got the inside washed but will need to hit it with Simple Green and a scrub brush; the power washer does not mix the soap in with the water so what I did was more of a power rinse. Working on a slope helped but I also used a leaf blower to help get the excess out of the van. I did not count all the holes in the floor but figuring screws, bolts, and some rust the number probably exceeds 100.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8949.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	151.6 KB
ID:	37647
Old 01-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #93

Did the scrubbing yesterday and while waiting for it to air dry I gathered some of the interior pieces I've found. There's one IKEA Skorvo bed support and a wood plank, then the IKEA bed pieces I got free off CL, then one of the memory foam mats from our Westy.

Name:	IMG_8967.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	37685

Name:	IMG_8970.JPG
Views:	104
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	37686

Name:	IMG_8977.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	37687
It looks like enough room for a permanent bed with good storage and space for other living, even with the dog's seat, but it'll take some clever fitting.
Old 01-03-2021, 02:11 PM   #94

wow ! been following the thread for awhile now and I feel just lucky that my '94 dodge sportsmobile only needs the fuel tank dropped due to the pick up tube rotting away from ethanol. been driving it for a couple of yrs that way stopping every 200 miles for gas so it's time' did the fluid film undercoat myself this fall and was pleased to see all underneath like brand new from this former Texas owned van.
dan simmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:07 AM   #95

Got the floor wire brushed and spot primed before a string of linked house projects distracted me. There's about a hundred holes in that floor.

Name:	IMG_9105.JPG
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	37811

In order to begin those tasks I needed to clean out the garage for working space so it all went into the van temporarily.

Name:	IMG_9125.JPG
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	37812

Next thing I can do with the access I have and with what's on hand is change the trans fluid.
Old 01-18-2021, 09:03 AM   #96

Put a new drain pan on it with a drain plug or buy a kit that will let you install a drain plug in the existing pan.

You’ll appreciate the plug at your next fluid change.
Old 01-18-2021, 07:42 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pntyrmvr View Post
Put a new drain pan on it with a drain plug or buy a kit that will let you install a drain plug in the existing pan.

You’ll appreciate the plug at your next fluid change.
Looked for a plug kit locally when I bought the filter and fluid several weeks ago but found nothing. I could remove the fluid with the transfer pump I bought for use with the diff fluid but a plug would be faster.
Old 01-18-2021, 10:26 PM   #98
Orv

Garage
Wow, that right rear wheel well got *thrashed*.
Old 05-26-2021, 02:42 PM   #99

Hows this project coming along? I have 03 with the same hightop and have been following your build.

Have you been able to see what is behind the ceiling? Is there any insulation up there?
toates89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:04 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by toates89 View Post
Hows this project coming along? I have 03 with the same hightop and have been following your build.

Have you been able to see what is behind the ceiling? Is there any insulation up there?
Welcome! Thanks for your interest, and be sure to post some pix of your van. My project is on hold for a few months while I take care of some big and interdependent house projects. All my "shop" time is devoted to non-shop activities, and the garage itself is a staging area for those things.

I have not looked behind the ceiling, what is actually a one-piece liner for the roof. I plan to drill out the rivets holding it up to the framework that must be up there. Here again is a photo found elsewhere of the inside of a similar roof, this one with a tall side door and normal rear doors, the reverse of mine. The website linked to these photos was no longer up, so I can't tell you any more about it.

Name:	flooring.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	39885
Looks like 1" square tubing with no insulation. I'll find out soon enough, but I'm afraid removing the inner skin will destroy it so I'm trying to figure out how to line it.

Once I'm freed up my next steps will be trans fluid and filter change, since I already have the stuff, and I need to figure out why the seat belt retractors don't work. Don't want to drive the van until I get that fixed.

Stay tuned and be patient.