Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2022, 02:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldyhseplr View Post
Perhaps but I have a Chateau so I have windows. What kind of pricing are you thinking?
Sorry sent this without seeing the above question...

ldyhseplr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 03:20 PM   #12

Garage
With the templates you will need to cut them from 1/4" ply and dry fit them in place. At which time you would mark and cut out an rough opening close to the window size opening. You can How i did mine in the photos. I have aftermarket windows that have about a 1" lip into the van. I reached in with a pencil stub and marked a line on the back side of the ply and cut out so the ply would come right to the window frame and trimmed the ply with a 1/2 flexable vinyl . The 1/2 allows you to bump the trim up to the window frame. I can send better pics of the trim of the widows. In the pictures shown with the fabric covered ply and the vinyl edging installed are not yet down screwed tight. It takes more work cut out the window areas for sure. The other step need is to epoxy wood strips to the van metal, close to all 4 sides of the window to pull the ply tight to the window with wood screws. I used a plastic trim cap to finish them off. It looks way more professional with oval windows rather that a rectangular box with a deep sill. Price is $250 for the drivers and passenger side template. Keep in mind you will need to have some basic skills using a jig saw and but the heavy lifting is done for you with the pattern. Included is a rough guide with suggestd screw locations. Its pretty simple actually.
VOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:18 PM   #13

I think you've got a terrific idea, maybe a second gig here! I've got a E350 regular body passenger full of windows. Would this still work? In your pictures, how is the carpet attached to the plywood?
rpoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 06:40 PM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoole View Post
I think you've got a terrific idea, maybe a second gig here! I've got a E350 regular body passenger full of windows. Would this still work? In your pictures, how is the carpet attached to the plywood?
It’s a automotive grade tweed material. Not carpet on the plywood. I used “flexform” carpet around the perimeter and the pillars. It spray tacked to the plywood. If you have windows you’ll need to install nailers around the windows with a glue or epoxy to the metal to screw the ply wood to. You will need to cut out your widows obviously .
Old 07-21-2022, 08:04 AM   #15

Interested EB owner here.
natefud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 04:22 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by natefud View Post
Interested EB owner here.
We are working on fine tuning the template now. I’ll let you know when we are ready to send them out. Thanks Mike
Old 07-22-2022, 08:33 AM   #17

Another EB interested!
NO ANCHOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 11:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
Would anyone be interested in templates for the interior walls of E-series vans? Im a professional cabinet maker and have made templates that fit tight to the walls that can be cut out of 1/4 luan plywood and covered with material or stained. looks factory and not homemade. No need for framing out the wall around all the different elevations and undulations. Saves a ton of time, hassel and space on the interior and still have space for insulation. Not sure if anyone would be interested in purchasing the paper templates so im just testing the temperature of interest here.
Me Me Me.. RB Van here.

I need everything for the Cargo Area. Headliner template to for the Cargo Area. Do you also have templates for the Rear Doors and Side Barn doors to ? I am interested. ..
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 12:32 PM   #19

Bump? @volt Did you make any head way on this ?
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 07:59 PM   #20

Me too please. '99 RB window van.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote