Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2019, 04:37 PM   #11

looks like a club van, it has windows and the ceiling is a give away.

How well does it fit with the walls?

I see only one in the pic did you do one the other side?

Have fun in baja wish I was there

surferdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 08:10 AM   #12

Garage
Just saw this listed locally for the "ultimate" in a rear-end drawer system... :-)

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/c...874766112.html
Steve C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 05:21 AM   #13
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
Just saw this listed locally for the "ultimate" in a rear-end drawer system... :-)

https://boise.craigslist.org/cto/d/c...874766112.html

If that sort of system or base would be useful the brand BedSlide might work a bit better--those sit much closer to the floor than the one shown there.

I'm using something similar in another van used to haul my glass parts---for scale it'll hold 20 full sized windshields, can pull out of the rear a good 24" for ease of loading/unloading. Of course the entire frame is about 72" long, fits snugly between the wheel wells and weighs probably 350#. It does have to be secured to the metal floor so it doesn't tip out and hit the ground

For a simple pull-out drawer section that's complete overkill but the concept is workable. A bed could be built over top so the space isn't wasted.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 09:17 AM   #14

I’ve owned a storage-king steel drawer system from American van that is 48” deep 12” tall and 40” wide in my service van,they have steel rollers and bearings and wouldn’t have fitment issues since it sits in between the wheel wells and you could cut out thick plywood(lay on top) to your desired measurement for bed base.the drawers have about 9” height inside and it weighs around 250 lbs.i currently have the decked system in my f150 and I’m really happy with it,only issues is if you don’t have a bed on it full time you need to throw some rubber matting down to save your knees & trim around the tie down rails which I haven’t done yet.the other thing is the locks/latches are only one step up from a filing cabinet so if you have expensive tools/gear/ipads etc you’ll want to beef it up.im planning on running a piece of unistrut or pipe across both drawers with latches on each side(will post some pics on this thread).either way it’s nice not having to sleep on a twin mattress in between the wheel wells ends up being more like a queen side to side.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 10:51 PM   #15

Yeah that's on of the reasons I'm considering the decked system as it is storage and a bed platform. I'm just not sure if it is the most efficient use of space since I will have a 24inch fixed high top. I feel I would be loosing out on a lot of storage space with the bed platform relatively so low. Unless I over head cabinetry. Also there is the question of where do I store a water tank, prefer to have it inside for 4 season weather. Hmmm.....
Old 05-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #16

Home Depot Automotive Accessories Promo

For those on the fence, just got this promotion:

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Featured...8,6964,640,632

The Decked products as well as many other automotive related items being offered at 20% off.

Looks like you need promo code: HDPROSAVE20

Not sure if you need to be a ProRewards member to participate.

Not affiliated with Home Depot and not a stock holder.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 PM   #17

So I tried to buy this but it won't let me do it online. I was told it needs to be ordered in store at the Pro Discount Desk. They said all you need is to have the promo code.
Old 05-06-2019, 12:13 PM   #18

Thanks for looking out on the promo code.

With a high top, why not build the bed base above the decked system with storage in between the bed and drawers? If I can find a way to make it work with 2 bikes underneath the bed, that'll be what I do.
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:11 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. rock View Post
Thanks for looking out on the promo code.

With a high top, why not build the bed base above the decked system with storage in between the bed and drawers? If I can find a way to make it work with 2 bikes underneath the bed, that'll be what I do.
I was thinking about doing something similar, as its only 12 inches off the floor I would be wasting a lot of space above my bed that could be my "garage". Still trying to visualize what that will look like.

Are you looking at a bike with the front tire removed? I think the only issue you may have with bolting a through axle mount on top of the decked system is drawer clearance but if its fairly flush on the bottom I don't think it will be big of an issue.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:42 PM   #20

No fitment issues. I removed all the paneling. The Deck system mounts to the body via the body ledges. I am sure if you wanted to keep your panneling you could drill out access holes. We did stack two and voided our warranty. I also cut the front "Ammo Can" supports to move the system all the way to the rear of the van. I really like the system, there are storage areas in the corners, but you would lose complete access around the wheel wells.
hyperdrive is offline   Reply With Quote