Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2012, 10:34 AM   #5

Re: Electric cooktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
Thanks for sharing, I also have a small portable butane stove but it is so slow I really don't like it. I was hoping for another alternative.
There are different models of those little butane stoves, some of them have as much or more burner BTUs as a typical propane camping stove. We were just down at Sportsmobile yesterday and the owner (Alan) showed us the ones they use, he said he used one in his own van.

We are also looking at a propane delete and using a portable stove, but I am leaning toward one of the heavier-duty 2 burner types like the river runners use (not the huge ones on stands, but the table-top models). I do a lot of wok cooking and am used to using high-power burners.

I wouldn't use it on high in the van, but would like to be able to cook "properly" outside! You can always turn the burner down if you are inside, but you can't get it any hotter than it's designed output...

Bob
chromisdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote