Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2023, 12:08 PM   #1

Starcool troubles

Well, I finally found someone to work on the starcool III system here in Salem Oregon, RPD Services. We have a 2000 ford eb50 without the on off switch behind the drivers side seat. They have gone through it and say there is a leak in the accumulator/drier? attached to the 110v compressor and the 110v compressor won't kick on. They did charge the system and the front chassis system was working great!!! They evacuated it when they realized there was a leak.

Where do I go from here. I think the pinhole leak could be brazed so thats not a real issue. The compressor though....Danhard is no help here. They basically told me and the mechanic that I could just replace the unit with a new one for $6800. I have no interest in that.

What am I missing? Is it possible to replace the compressor? We are happy to know that the system will work while driving. But it would be convenient to have it at camp at times too.

I also added a pic of the rats nest. I need to revamp it I think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3937.jpg (170.8 KB, 19 views)
Wichiee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, danhard, starcool