Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2023, 02:45 PM   #21

BrianW -- based on your post - did you add the soft start/easy start - under the van near compressor - versus "at the generator" ? Wired into the compressor itself ? Hope I can find your post on that - I'm sure Wichiee would like to find that too ?

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 02:54 PM   #22

Wichiee -- what about something like this if you had to replace compressor - evaporator, the whole thing ?? The only "issue" - the gas might be an issue - 134R versus 404 ?? Can a forum member elaborate on compatability ?

https://surpluscityliquidators.com/p...yABEgKoA_D_BwE
Old 08-23-2023, 03:26 PM   #23

I found one matching capacitor online. (See attached photo)

Scalf77- can I pm you?

Doublevan2- the compressor specs are on the front cover of the ac system. (See attached photo) I have yet to find anyting even close to the specs. I don’t know how much it matters though. It’s all foreign to me.
Attached Thumbnails
C6EF5DD6-2F45-4005-9B72-E880224F9657.jpg   E6AC6E32-9F77-4AE2-B0FC-4FA8900E0B0B.jpeg  
Wichiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 03:49 PM   #24

Wichiee,

Sure feel free to PM me. That looks like a pretty good physical match.

On the one in the picture you see 370VAC 45uF, you want to see what the value is listed on the side of the old one. If it is the same you have a match. Essentially you want to know the voltage and what size the cap is, as in microfarads or uF.
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 08:08 PM   #25

Starcool troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevan2 View Post
BrianW -- based on your post - did you add the soft start/easy start - under the van near compressor - versus "at the generator" ? Wired into the compressor itself ? Hope I can find your post on that - I'm sure Wichiee would like to find that too ?

Added it in the same box that the regular Starcool capacitor was in, near the compressor, and just wired it inline with the main capacitor (forget the exact wiring, I just followed the directions). I didn’t have a generator.

And an edit: I added a Supco “hard start” capacitor, not a “soft start”: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002YTLFE..._5SOZEbBX83YZP
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:57 PM   #26

Sorry if this is redundant or wrong place for this - But found a lot of older threads that had "404" / "Page Not Found" dead ends - so - just another AC option - if you own an older van with a StarCool unit gone bad -

Ivation 6,500 BTU Portable Camper RV Air Conditioner - on Amazon - and also found this same unit sold at Camping World also.

Seems like it "could" be an option if you're looking for one - by adding an A/C to 12 volt converter ?

Tags
air conditioner, danhard, starcool