RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #401
Senior Member
 
Flux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 1,389
I want a set for sure, but it's gonna have to wait a bit......I have a very needy van. Can you do 4000K projectors??

Edit: I see 4300K, that would work well.
__________________

__________________
<br>
Tim - 2013 EB V10 Agile 4x4 SMB PH Ginger Army All Terrain Mobile HQ
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 11:41 PM   #402
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flux View Post
I want a set for sure, but it's gonna have to wait a bit......I have a very needy van. Can you do 4000K projectors??

Edit: I see 4300K, that would work well.
Flux- no worries, take your time! My recommendation is to stick with 5000 or 5500k, but I can support any of those choices.

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
__________________

__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 11:56 AM   #403
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Another high end set of 92-07 Advanced lights out the door today. This set features the following:

Morimoto D2S 4.0 Projectors with Vantage Optics Etched logo
Morimoto Panamera LED Switchback Shrouds
Morimoto XB D2S 5500k bulbs
Morimoto XB55 50w D2S ballasts
Morimoto MotoControl 9007 harness

They came out great and will have unmatched output!


Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
20170405_184421.jpg   20170405_184426.jpg   20170405_184525.jpg   20170405_184439.jpg   20170405_184431.jpg  

__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 10:09 AM   #404
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Another set of 08-up headlights completed with an OEM+ look. Really like how these turned out!

Head over to www.vantageoptics.com and use the coupon code VOSMB2017 to apply 7% off your own custom order for the month of April.

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
20170412_185531.jpg   20170412_185538.jpg   20170412_185554.jpg   20170412_185739.jpg   20170412_185910.jpg  

__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:05 AM   #405
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Latest set of lights through the shop is for a Superduty. This set is a good example of how the optional lens etching really ties everything together nicely. This will also be another great durability test for the assemblies as the owner is no stranger to finding the truck's limits.

Build-
2011 Ford F250 Superduty OEM housings
Morimoto D2S 4.0 Projectors
F250 etched lenses by The Retrofit Source
Morimoto Apollo 3.0 shrouds
Morimoto XB D2S 5500k bulbs
Morimoto XB55 ballasts
Morimoto H13 MotoControl harness


Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
18033388_1461438903927261_4026284426426936282_n.jpg   12909689_10153633885017815_619709053532451594_o.jpg  
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:20 PM   #406
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Several more kits out the door recently. What combo are you thinking about for your rig? Head over to vantageoptics and check out the options! Be sure to use coupon code VOSMB2017 to apply 7% off any order extended through the month of May. We are also stocking Colby Valves Emergency Tire valve replacements as well. Don't be left out in the wild without being prepared!

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
Basic black apollo 2 flat.jpg   Colby Emergency Image.jpg   Colby Valve Info Sheet.PNG  
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:47 PM   #407
Senior Member
 
MountainBikeRoamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OrangeCounty, CA
Posts: 1,275
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
Another high end set of 92-07 Advanced lights out the door today. This set features the following:

Morimoto D2S 4.0 Projectors with Vantage Optics Etched logo
Morimoto Panamera LED Switchback Shrouds
Morimoto XB D2S 5500k bulbs
Morimoto XB55 50w D2S ballasts
Morimoto MotoControl 9007 harness

They came out great and will have unmatched output!


Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Hey these lights really do look great!
I was admiring them in person on both forum members BrianBlair's and Hotchkiss' rides, way cool stuff (I'm in and out of The Path bike shop in Tustin quite often!!!)

I had a question ---
(and perhaps this is already covered somewhere in the previous 40 pages of this 41-page-long thread......)

Q: How are these lights designed as far as adjusting their "aim" after they've been installed? (Or is there even a need to do that?)

Wondered if bolting them in is truly plug-n-play (no need to calibrate their aim after installing) or if they indeed need a seasoned Pro to "dial them in" and make sure their up/down/left/right beam throw is correct (and legal) once they're in place.

(*My query originates due to my only real experience with replacing headlights.....in my old 1970's Mopars, a headlight swap occasionally involved having to put the car in front of the garage door after the headlight swap, with headlights turned on (and using the beam pattern on the garage door to gauge the up/down/left/right aim....) then adjusting several spring-tensioned screws that trapped the headlamp armature in place (and allowed for fine-tuning/micro-adjusting the aim of the headlamp beam.)

Thanks Scott ---
I hope my question only serves to help others understand (and desire!) your sweet headlights even more.

Cheers --
__________________
Mike T
___________________
'95 Ford E250 RB30 PH
MountainBikeRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 11:10 PM   #408
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBikeRoamer View Post
Hey these lights really do look great!
I was admiring them in person on both forum members BrianBlair's and Hotchkiss' rides, way cool stuff (I'm in and out of The Path bike shop in Tustin quite often!!!)

I had a question ---
(and perhaps this is already covered somewhere in the previous 40 pages of this 41-page-long thread......)

Q: How are these lights designed as far as adjusting their "aim" after they've been installed? (Or is there even a need to do that?)

Wondered if bolting them in is truly plug-n-play (no need to calibrate their aim after installing) or if they indeed need a seasoned Pro to "dial them in" and make sure their up/down/left/right beam throw is correct (and legal) once they're in place.

(*My query originates due to my only real experience with replacing headlights.....in my old 1970's Mopars, a headlight swap occasionally involved having to put the car in front of the garage door after the headlight swap, with headlights turned on (and using the beam pattern on the garage door to gauge the up/down/left/right aim....) then adjusting several spring-tensioned screws that trapped the headlamp armature in place (and allowed for fine-tuning/micro-adjusting the aim of the headlamp beam.)

Thanks Scott ---
I hope my question only serves to help others understand (and desire!) your sweet headlights even more.

Cheers --
Mike,

Thanks for the questions. Once installed on the van these lights do need to be aligned, but the process is not difficult. There are two adjusters per light on the 92-07 versions that control the vertical and lateral adjustment. Due to varying van heights and component setups this adjustment is necessary to get them fine tuned and working properly.

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:51 PM   #409
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Another awesome set of 5x7 Sealed Beam Retrofits out the door this afternoon.

Morimoto Mini H1 7.0 Projectors
Morimoto X5-R LED Switchback Shrouds
Morimoto XB H1 5500K bulbs
Acme 35w SpeedyStart 2.0 ballasts
Morimoto H4 Bixenon relay harness

Head over to www.vantageoptics.com and use the coupon code VOSMB2017 to apply 7% off your own custom order for the month of May

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
18359300_1481071885297296_3940145895572090861_o.jpg  
__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 09:29 AM   #410
Senior Member
 
REDOVAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Lomita, CA
Posts: 736
Garage
Had a busy afternoon in the shop completing two Basic Retrofit kit orders, one in black/chrome and one in all chrome. Which setup is your favorite?

Head over to vantageoptics and use the coupon code VOSMB2017 to apply 7% off your own custom order for the month of May

Scott Thompson
VantageOptics.com
Vantageoptics@gmail.com
424-250-0270
Attached Thumbnails
18446938_1490534561017695_7917118712503116724_n.jpg  
__________________

__________________
2002 Ford E350 V10 Traveler
Vantage Optics Headlights
www.VantageOptics.com
REDOVAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×