Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2018, 01:11 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungs View Post
I just put in a CC enabled wheel this weekend!

Took it to a mechanic to get the cruise control enabled and they're saying the PCM needs to be updated. Does this sound legit?
Did you see if you have the 2 sensors on the brake master? Have you tried turning it on over 35mph? Mine just needed one wire jumpered on the brake pressure switch and it worked without a trip to the dealer

Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:20 PM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer-RRORC View Post
Did you see if you have the 2 sensors on the brake master? Have you tried turning it on over 35mph? Mine just needed one wire jumpered on the brake pressure switch and it worked without a trip to the dealer
Augh, I didn't even think to look before taking her in. She's trapped at the mechanic now though :/ I followed a video I found on YouTube of a guy who had the same year and model so I figured I wouldn't need to check anything outside of what he did.

https://youtu.be/xnQdOSr9KXg
Bungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #73

Quote:
I just put in a CC enabled wheel this weekend!

Took it to a mechanic to get the cruise control enabled and they're saying the PCM needs to be updated. Does this sound legit?
i heard the same, and need to try to get that done on mine.

i added the wheel, clockspring, and the brake sensor, and it won't activate on mine.
bet on black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 01:49 PM   #74

Quote:
Augh, I didn't even think to look before taking her in. She's trapped at the mechanic now though :/ I followed a video I found on YouTube of a guy who had the same year and model so I figured I wouldn't need to check anything outside of what he did.

https://youtu.be/xnQdOSr9KXg
pretty sure the mc sensor is a normally closed switch that opens when it senses pressure, so you need a jumper or the switch installed to the circuit to be complete.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:01 PM   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by bet on black View Post
pretty sure the mc sensor is a normally closed switch that opens when it senses pressure, so you need a jumper or the switch installed to the circuit to be complete.
I don't know what mc sensor is, but it's sounding like I haven't done enough to the van to have CC enabled yet

I've been really frustrated for the last year, in not knowing much about cars and not knowing how to proceed with various parts of van build, so I'm really glad I found this forum. Thanks for being here.
Old 08-22-2018, 02:50 PM   #76

Mc = master cylinder

Vans with cruise control have a sensor on the master cylinder to sense for pressure on the brakes to shut off the system. Without the sensor in place, or at least a jumper to connect that switch point, the system won’t activate as it thinks the brakes are being applied
Old 08-22-2018, 03:37 PM   #77

Quote:
Mc = master cylinder

Vans with cruise control have a sensor on the master cylinder to sense for pressure on the brakes to shut off the system. Without the sensor in place, or at least a jumper to connect that switch point, the system won’t activate as it thinks the brakes are being applied
And it sounds like the sensor is probably not there, if the van didn't already have cruise control, correct?
Old 08-22-2018, 07:16 PM   #78

I got a call from my mechanic, they said they updated the PCM and CC mode turns on just fine. They didn't go take it out for a road test, but all the buttons work.

Picking it up tomorrow morning, will leave an update here after!
Old 08-23-2018, 07:55 AM   #79

Quote:
And it sounds like the sensor is probably not there, if the van didn't already have cruise control, correct?
yes. on mine the wiring was there and there was just a cap on the plug
Old 08-23-2018, 09:13 AM   #80

Quote:
yes. on mine the wiring was there and there was just a cap on the plug
Ouch. How did you do it then?

I just got back from the mechanic. They said everything looked good on start. I tried it on the way home. No lights, no camera, no action. Called them back, they clarified to say just the computer was showing that the PCM was receiving signal. Guess I've got some more stuff to install... Either way I'm out $200 for a PCM update. Hopefully I don't need to go to the dealership again once I get everything else installed.