Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzila View Post
Look up
Kansas Transit Express
kte@twinvalley.net

https://www.facebook.com/Kansas-Tran...62072327149816

(785) 568-2103

They have moved my Van Across the USA. Great Company. but like all of them you have to work at finding a window. Call them

Already did. As noted above they passed.

Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:25 AM   #22

I'm headed from Colorado to California. I could drive it out for you.

DM if you are interested
THaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:40 AM   #23

Thanks guys I’m all set.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:40 PM   #24

SMB transport woes

I went through this research brain drain a few years ago. The transport headaches/disasters I read (over and over) were such that I ended up driving from Colo to Quigley in PA then about a year later to SMB in Fresno for PH top install. I camped along the way; however, with the savings from avoiding the transport I could have stayed at 4 Seasons every night and still been $$ ahead. Good luck finding a trustworthy transporter.
Bayou John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 04:02 PM   #25

Try John Wahl, jwahl@autosearch-usa.com. They recently shipped my sprinter from mass to Colorado. John was awesome working to get me the best possible rate.
Flahertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 05:15 PM   #26

I purchased a 2001 E150 GTRV in Oregon and intended to ship to Florida. I did talk to one broker who was an ex-trucker who told me the issue with a van - even one without an extended top - is the best placement on the trailer is top shelf at the very back so they can tilt it down a bit for height. More often than not, means they give-up a slot for carriage of another vehicle.

I initially thought $1200, then was grossed-up in $100 increments hoping someone would pick-up the van. I gave up at $2000 and a couple months and decided to fly-out and spend a nice time driving home. We leave next week, fully vaccinated.

Peter
Weebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 12:31 PM   #27

Another thought,... Chris Ridgway often travels cross country delivering vehicles with his car haulers and may be worth contacting in the future.

https://www.instagram.com/the_ridge_way/?hl=en
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:26 PM   #28

Research for an east coast trip/transport service was eye-opening. What was a $1500-2k charge fm SoCal to PA in early 2020 has become a $5k+ joke. Apparently it's due to "high demand" and fuel costs.
That said, I'll be doing an I-70 / blue highways run in the near future....and saving a load of $$$.
JeffO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 03:48 PM   #29

I saved a ton of money and heartache plus I got to see parts of the country I have not visited yet
Old 08-24-2021, 08:34 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffO View Post
Research for an east coast trip/transport service was eye-opening. What was a $1500-2k charge fm SoCal to PA in early 2020 has become a $5k+ joke. Apparently it's due to "high demand" and fuel costs.
That said, I'll be doing an I-70 / blue highways run in the near future....and saving a load of $$$.
I work in shipping. A large part of the high price of everything this past year is due to higher shipping costs, port problems due to covid, more demand for things made and moved with less people to make and move them....due to covid.....and the price of fuel. Not to mention the fact that people in shipping cannot get (buy new or used, replace or even rent) equipment. I have had a trailer on order for 6 months and it will be about 1.5 years before I see it. I am considering buying a new tractor but the wait is 1-1.5 years. All of this trickles down to you paying double to move a car right now.

Everything in this country moves by truck. Get used to the higher shipping costs. They will be with us for a long while.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote