Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2020, 08:19 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
If I remember correctly, if the blower switch behind the drivers seat is on, the evaporator fan will run, which makes sense because when the engine is running and the Ford A/C is on, the rear evaporator also gets freon, there by increasing the cooling in the rear of the van. When on shore power, a solenoid closes off freon from circulating in the front evaporator since you can't run the Ford A/C when the engine is off.
Correct, if the blower switch is on (high, med, low) and the enable switch (behind the drivers seat) is on, the rear blower/evaporator and front condenser fan are on. The question was on the aux condenser fan, (that is what was changed, I think). Upon further review it could come on before with the above switch combination if the thermostat was also on cool and met the temperature requirements. This also would turn on 120V relay and switch solenoid.

When running the van all those are locked out.

For the record, I don't recommend running starcool while driving with the thermostat on cool. It is one of the reasons I understand this relay panel.

-greg

Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:00 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
For the record, I don't recommend running starcool while driving with the thermostat on cool. It is one of the reasons I understand this relay panel.-greg
Interesting.....I thought the thermostat was locked out while driving due to the ignition lockout relay.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 09:18 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Interesting.....I thought the thermostat was locked out while driving due to the ignition lockout relay.
It is, but if that wire is a loose connection, and you are driving down the road hitting bumps and you are running the air conditioner. Let's just say if you have your inverter on, starcool breaker on, the damn thing will try to run the 120 compressor off of the inverter.

Also take into account Sportsmobile wired the Surepower wrong, and poof there goes a PCM. I lost three PCM in the first 6000 miles of owning my van. Actually I only was there for two, one went when the ford tech was test driving the replaced PCM.

I know it's a takes a lot of things to be wrong at the same time, but those kind of issues stick in your mind. I was on a 8 week summer trip with the family, my new van spent 24 days of it at a ford dealer.

-greg
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 08:46 PM   #44

Ordered this fuse block
ATO/ATC® Fused Distribution Block - 6 Gang

https://www.delcity.net/store/ATO/AT...08167.h_808168

Closest thing I can find to existing, and a good match I believe.

Got the power box next to the compressor open. Didn't look as bad as I thought it would. The disconnected conduit on top had me thinking it would be a lot worse with H2O damage. I will try to replace this relay. Anything else here while open?

Today with Van running
switch behind the drivers seat off
Van AC off
Front condenser fan not running
Drivers side condenser fan is running
Thermostat off
Van AC works
Flip drivers side switch on, nothing happens
Try to turn on evaporator fan/inside blower motor nothing and condenser fan on drivers side stops
blow bottom 20 amp fuse blower

I think until I get the fuse block replaced I can't figure any of this out. Pulling the blown blower fuse and the thing almost falls to pieces.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2442.jpg  
Beejmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 10:02 AM   #45

Wow, you have a lot going on there. Clearly, there is a short somewhere, but with out the ability to poke around with a volt meter, it's really difficult to trouble shoot from far away. Where are you located?
Advanced 4wd
Old 06-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #46

Vermont.

Fuse block is a must, just found out the one I linked is back ordered. I want to replace the relay next to the compressor because I never want to have to take it apart again.

Fortunately living here A/C is a pure luxury, I still would like it to work though.
Old 06-12-2020, 06:05 PM   #47

Garage
Great info, I purchased my 06 EB while it was in the process of being repossessed so I didn’t get any manuals. I haven’t been able to get the frame mounted fan under drivers door to work. It spins freely. It took me weeks to find out that the on/off switch behind drives door in for the Starcool. Everything been a large learning process.
ghetto fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:32 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghetto fireman View Post
I haven’t been able to get the frame mounted fan under drivers door to work. It spins freely.
The aux condenser fan doesn't run until the compressor motor starts. Can you tell if the compressor starts?
Advanced 4wd
Old 06-13-2020, 10:56 AM   #49

3 rd relay from left front connector on middle pin unlike all others. Is this correct?
Attached Thumbnails
A74AF0EE-DE3C-4AA6-B96C-266F5A4A1824.jpg   A45BA9B8-E3B2-404F-861B-EDAAFC33DD86.jpg  
Old 06-13-2020, 11:35 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejmac View Post
3 rd relay from left front connector on middle pin unlike all others. Is this correct?
I honestly can't say, but on the wiring diagram the aux fan relay is the first one on the left. The normally open contact (which supplies power to the fan when the compressor relay energizes and in turn energizes the fan relay) goes to terminal 7 on the terminal strip, with terminal 1 being on the far right . It's shown as a #10 black wire. Check to see if you have 12vdc on that terminal when the compressor runs. If so, check for voltage at the fan it self.
The compressor starts when thermostat contacts close and supplies power to the compressor relay (second from the right?) using an 18ga brown wire going to terminal 3 on the terminal strip, which then closes the contacts supplying voltage to terminal 1 and on to the relay in the compressor junction box using a yellow wire.
Advanced 4wd