Ford_6L_E350 - Charley and Jack under Charley's van
Login FAQ
Register  

Sportsmobileforum.com

An online forum community for the owners, admirers and fans of Sportsmobile vans and Sprinters, new and old. Share photos, advice, discuss modifications, camping or buy & sell. Anyone who owns, has a passion for, or just curiosity about SMBs, come in!
The time now is Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
HobbyistVendor
Admin V
Support Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:01 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

BajaSportsmobile wrote:
Had dinner and BEER there a few days ago.

BroncoHauler wrote:
sdwindansea wrote:
Would it be wrong to name our next dog "Arrogant Bastard"?

A Stone Brewing reference? One of my favorite breweries.

Maybe we should merge to Favorite Beers thread with the Dog thread?

Herb

Bastard! No pun intended. I still have never been there. Their beers are phenomenal, I've heard great things about their food, they're very supportive of homebrewers, and are a very forward thinking, out of the norm company. Can't wait to get down there.

Herb
Support Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:15 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

Definitely my favorite brewery for food and beer. They did a great job with it architecturally, try to serve as many locally grown foods as possible and always have some excellent guest breweries on tap.

I'm in trouble in several months. They are opening a new, full brewery and restaurant about 2.5 miles from house (that is walking distance). I guess they are even planning a hotel the year after it opens.

At least this topic hasn't gone off topic...
HobbyistVendor
Admin V
Support Silver

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

sdwindansea wrote:
Definitely my favorite brewery for food and beer. They did a great job with it architecturally, try to serve as many locally grown foods as possible and always have some excellent guest breweries on tap.

I'm in trouble in several months. They are opening a new, full brewery and restaurant about 2.5 miles from house (that is walking distance). I guess they are even planning a hotel the year after it opens.

At least this topic hasn't gone off topic...

But will they have full RV hookups? That would make for an interesting SMB gathering!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:05 am   Post subject: Where does your dog ride?

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352268285.928359.jpg

My cat likes to sit on the bench and look out the window. This pic looks like an early nineties senior portrait.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admin
Support Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:39 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

We had a good run today.

Don

2012 RB E350 6.8L V-10 4WD
Modified RB 30 w/Front Lockers. PH Top, Kyocera solar and Zamp portable unit
Sire: The Turtle Shell, 1991 Chevy K250 V8 with Lance Squire 11 3/4 cabover
Dam: VannieGone, 1987 VW Westphalia
(If we'd bought the winch, we'd make a fortune pulling cars out of the snow.)
Support Silver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:06 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

rionapo wrote:
We had a good run today.

Don

Great picture, although you should consider yourself lucky. Our dogs never give us that much space on the couch.
Admin
Support Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:24 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

sdwindansea wrote:
Great picture, although you should consider yourself lucky. Our dogs never give us that much space on the couch.

They think the doghouse refers to the entire vehicle.

Don

2012 RB E350 6.8L V-10 4WD
Modified RB 30 w/Front Lockers. PH Top, Kyocera solar and Zamp portable unit
Sire: The Turtle Shell, 1991 Chevy K250 V8 with Lance Squire 11 3/4 cabover
Dam: VannieGone, 1987 VW Westphalia
(If we'd bought the winch, we'd make a fortune pulling cars out of the snow.)
Support Platinum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:37 pm   Post subject: Meet Eddie Van Howlin'

Finally got to make two images of my little guy in the van.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:02 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

Jeffrey,

what breed of dog is that? Perfect size for SMB travel. My Lab is not comfortable with the lack
of space to roam around.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:49 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

When not driving

or back seat driving

Lucky usually navigates

while Sammy lounges on the gaucho

where there's room for friends

Support Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:29 am   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

Our dogs are not invited in the van. In the Bounder they are all over the place.
HobbyistVendor
Support Gold

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:02 am   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

I'm sorry in advance because I know that this is going to rub some of you the wrong way, but I have never been comfortable with animals (including children) roaming free and unrestrained in moving vehicles.

When I travel with my dogs, they are in appropriate sized kennels or carriers, that are secured to the vehicle. It is for my safety, my animals safety and the safety of others - and I am by no means an overly protective safety-phobe. I do stupid things all of the time.

I am especially troubled by people that have animals in their laps and hanging out the window while driving - you think texting is distracting... the animals block side mirror visibility, forward visibility, steering ability...

In the event of an accident, Airbags can easily kill or badly hurt animals not secured by a restraint system. An 65 lbs dog sitting on the back seat is going to be a danger to passengers and the dog. You would not drive around with an unsecured spare tire sitting right behind you...

If "dogs are people too" then they need a seat belt!

AgileOffRoad.com
Support Bronze

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:44 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

I let simba drive cuz at least we won't get stuck

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:23 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

My little guy (Buddy) uses a dog seatbelt that I purchased from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... +Seat+Belt

In the pic below, we were on our way to get a harness instead of a collar so that he can ride more safely.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Admin
Support Silver

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:57 pm   Post subject: Re: Where does your dog ride?

RoxS wrote:
In the pic below, we were on our way to get a harness instead of a collar so that he can ride more safely.

I was glad to read about the harness. My 1st reaction to the picture was: "That dog won't get any impact injuries, just a broken neck."

In the event of a head on collision our dogs probably will die of impact injury - from hitting us in the back of the head and breaking our necks. :a6:

Personally, I'm just going to try to avoid head on collisions and hope for the best but after my wife reads this, our next trip will probably feature a new harness and restraint system. She's the safety officer on this crew.
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next