Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #91

Re: Quigley and QuadVan - FOX Shox Ride Improvement Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
I just got some Bilstein 5160s... Can I mate these with your progressive springs?
What vehicle, suspension...

What compressed and extended length Bilstein Shocks?
Looks like I'll probably see you in Baja next week, so we can talk more over a beer. But van is a 2001 E350 7.3 Quigley.

fronts - 12.8 compressed/21.2 extended
rears - 14.6 compressed/24.4 extended

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #92

What I love about Ramsey's fix is that one does not have to spend $many thousands of dollars with other 4x4 vendors who want to change everything on the rig. Everyone pays a lot for the quigley set up and his is just making adjustments not needing major dollars throw at it.

Great work Ramsey.

I've wasted a lot of money with others who advertise or offer 4x4 service.
Old 11-10-2013, 07:26 PM   #93

Hello Ramsey.
I have a 95 quigley ex-ambulance. I'd really like to get setup with shocks and springs. It was a dually. I'm not sure if that changes the ability for your setup to work. It doesn't drive terribly, but I am sure that there is a lot of room for improvement. I can send detailed pictures and measurements. Please let me know when you are going to be doing another run of shocks.
Thanks
Ken
cjken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #94

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Thanks for your interest. I am scheduled to start receiving more shocks on the 18th and then again on December 6th. It has been difficult to judge demand and order shocks as they are out of inventory and back ordered. I have to place orders to get in the queue, anticipating demand, but be careful to not over order. The FOX Performance Series shocks have been so well received that they are back ordered and delivering as many shocks as they can build.

In any regard, I have about 27 PMs and emails asking for shocks and springs and am doing everything I can to get them to those who want them as soon as possible. It is going to get better soon as I am better able to forecast demand and FOX is taking that into account in their forecasts and builds.

My friends a FOX have been very helpful and it is great to work with such a awesome company.

As they say, it is a problem, but it is a good problem.

If you want to get in the queue for the FOX Quigley RIP shocks and springs, the best thing to do is visit our new website, AgileOffRoad.com and follow the instructions for emailing pictures of you van's suspension. I use these pictures to make sure you get the right length shocks for your van.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 01:00 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shocker
Brand new member here. I am looking at a 1982 Pathfinder converted E350. Do these fit the earlier vans.

The rig has the D60 coil spring front instead of the leafs.

Thanks!
I'm sure we could put together something if we got a good look at your van.
Great! I made a deal on the van and am picking it up later this week. It has a Dana 44HD and not the D60 like I first posted. Looking forward to upgrading!
Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #96

I got my Fox upgrade done today and all I can say is OUTSTANDING. Ramsey has got this application dialed in to a tee. I never had the wobble issues like some but mine rode like crap, any bump in the road or trail and you would swear the van had solid rubber tires. After the upgrade front and rear the van now rides like a smooth dream I'm totally impressed with the difference. This is well worth having done... you will not be dissapointed. Thank you Ramsey @ agile Off-road.
cowboy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 AM   #97

That's great to hear! I'm waiting to hear back from Ramsey and find out when I can get the RIP, it's starting to sound like the miracle cure for Quigley!
I'm psyched someone has this figured out!
C.
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:37 PM   #98

Hi Ramsey,

I am interested in at least the coils. I will need shocks also but this depends on availability.

Will you send to Europe/Germany?
derJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #99

Mucho Thanks to Ramsey…..

Yes, that is right, another happy Quigley with the Ramsey solution.

Problem solved. All done at a cost that is hard to believe. Less cost than dinner at a 5 Star restaurant.

And the enjoyment lasts forever !!!!

Thanks again.
Old 11-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #100

Since Ramsey installed our new custom valved shocks and the springs were re-worked, we have been on the road for almost a month. In that time we have really torture tested the suspension with hundreds of miles of off road travel in Baja, Death Valley, and more. Much of it was at high speeds over really rough roads (and some that barely qualified as roads). In that time, the suspension has proven to be a blessing. As I have said, it's a bit stiff on the road (at least compared to the old blown out shocks and sagging springs), but once you get up a head of steam on a dirt road or trail, it's great. On the pavement, it's probably as supple as most 4wd's, but it will never be a car like ride. As good as it is, we have ended up littering the desert with other parts, and I had to go back and find parts of the exhaust system, the front grill guard and a fender flare. That all this stuff shook loose has little to do with the suspension, and everything to do with my heavy right foot. I got to say, the van is a blast to drive now. Well, were off to the muffler shop to get more welding done, then we have to decide where to go next, possibly the Grand Canyon..................Arctic Traveller
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote