Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-07-2024, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post
My 2005 West build, RB, manual top, has always had that sag in the front, less so in the back. It was noticeable when I purchased my van used in 2010. Water has always puddled on the roof. People assume it is caused by my installation of the fan and cutting through the roof. It's always been there and I actually reinforced my roof when installing the fan just for this reason. On mine the lowest point is where the front two latches bolt through the roof as if they were way too tight at sometime. the roof isn't floppy, I can walk on it and it doesn't feel spongy. Dunno. I don't loose sleep over it.

- Eric
Thanks, That makes me feel better.
the major dip is right where the latches attach. my latch plates are also slightly bent which suggest someone was cranking the thing down super tight.

I really dont have time to mess with it for awhile so Ill have to leave it as is. I need to put a fan up there though so I'll have better chance to check it out when I start that project.

what my top really needs to a new rubber seal

Mitch
Mwood is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fiberglass, penthouse, roof, sag