Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2016, 01:54 PM   #31

With the quality of work you put out, it will only be a matter of time before you'll gave more work than you know what to do with. But in the mean time, more time to get the pop top out?

Old 04-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #32
Site Team

My only recommendation, and please take this as constructive criticism, is to make sure that you or someone on your payroll knows how to run a business. Your design and fabrication skills are well known, but I've seen plenty of great fabricators who don't have a clue about running a business.

We want to see you succeed, and you already have a big fan base here, so best of luck in your new career!

Herb

P.S. Did you run a virus your last day in the office, designed to round off fractions of cents and send them into a personal account?
Old 04-26-2016, 08:25 PM   #33

Congratulations on being lied off. I was laid off from the same employer in the late 90's. Being laid off lead to a much better position. Good luck with your new adventure.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 09:03 PM   #34

Mike, I am certainly hoping everything works out well. I faced the same fate today, I have been there long enough (20 years) and I am old enough to get the early retirement package. I am sure I will land on my feet, but this has left a bad taste in my mouth for corporate america.

Anyhow, now that I have some spare time, can anyone use a CANBUS controlled power distribution solution.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 10:43 PM   #35

Something tells me that you will end up with our money and we will be loving it.

Congrats and, not that you need it, best of luck.
Nick
Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:52 AM   #36

Wow, two forum "brothers" in one month laid off :-( Best wishes for both of you guys!

/Brian
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 07:28 AM   #37
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
Wow, two forum "brothers" in one month laid off :-( Best wishes for both of you guys!

/Brian
Is it just me, or does the word "partnership" leap to mind?
Old 04-27-2016, 09:53 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
My only recommendation, and please take this as constructive criticism, is to make sure that you or someone on your payroll knows how to run a business. Your design and fabrication skills are well known, but I've seen plenty of great fabricators who don't have a clue about running a business.

We want to see you succeed, and you already have a big fan base here, so best of luck in your new career!

Herb

P.S. Did you run a virus your last day in the office, designed to round off fractions of cents and send them into a personal account?
Thank you for the advice. I learned long ago to surround myself with people who know how to do the things I don't.

Rather than release a virus, I simply walked out with the design details of the latest tester still in my head. I never got a chance to get them into CAD because of all the BS meetings and ego battles so now my group will be months behind schedule. They'll quickly realize that their talent left the building.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:05 AM   #39
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Thank you for the advice. I learned long ago to surround myself with people who know how to do the things I don't.

Rather than release a virus, I simply walked out with the design details of the latest tester still in my head. I never got a chance to get them into CAD because of all the BS meetings and ego battles so now my group will be months behind schedule. They'll quickly realize that their talent left the building.

Did you get your red stapler back?
Old 04-28-2016, 04:11 AM   #40
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Did you get your red stapler back?
And the Rol-O-Dex---where's that?

OMG how hilarious would it be MG have one of those, not some uber-sophisticated computer thingy for such mundane tasks?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote