Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2022, 09:11 PM   #11

Catalytic converters are being stolen frequently too around the Seattle/SeaTac airport area.

SportyGma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 02:00 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyGma View Post
Catalytic converters are being stolen frequently too around the Seattle/SeaTac airport area.

Yeah that's such a drag. My fiance's prius cat converter was stolen earlier in the summer and a friends prius on the east coast also got jacked the same way. the cordless angle grinder / sawsall really makes it easy for people to nab cats in like 30 seconds.

I thought van cat converters weren't particularly valuable though? Everyone wanted the 1st / 2nd gen prius cats because they had a lot of paladium in them and market prices spiked during the early summer last year.

It'd be easier than a prius on our vans because you don't need a lift to get access to the cat and there's a good bit of space to get a tool to chop them off. When I'm up in the Washington area I'm not planning on leaving the van unoccupied unless i'm back packing at a trailhead, which wouldn't be an urban area but certainly crooks could know to go to trail heads to target vehicles.

Is the cat converter theft that much of an issue on these van's that it's worth getting an anti theft device for them?
Old 03-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
Working on it LOL! Yeah someone here actually did DM me about potential parking options.
You are welcome to leave it in my driveway if you like. We are 15-30 minutes from OC airport. I have a camera on the driveway and someone is usually home.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork-N-Road View Post
You are welcome to leave it in my driveway if you like. We are 15-30 minutes from OC airport. I have a camera on the driveway and someone is usually home.
Thanks for the offer man!

As of right now another bay area member actually reached out and I've coordinated with them for a safe parking spot near san jose.

I'll DM you if anything comes up.

Literally leaving on this trip in the next 30 minutes, man getting the van geared up and ready for a 6 month expedition feels like moving LOL

Wish me luck! I'll have post up some pictures or something in another travel thread.

Cheers!
Old 03-07-2022, 07:26 AM   #15

Best of luck and fun! See you in San Jose!
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2022, 11:17 PM   #16

Anderson, email me. I live in Morro Bay, you can fly out of San Luis Obispo, directly to Seattle. Can make space in my driveway. Joe Futrmbl. djaflc@yahoo.com
Futrmbl is offline   Reply With Quote