Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-14-2020, 11:48 AM   #31

I took a simplistic approach by taking a section of a seat belt (from a junkyard) and made a couple grab loops. My GTRV is a bit different, but I was able to attach them with a single bolt and washer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0901.jpg   IMG_0902.jpg  

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:56 PM   #32

Can I attach a grab handle to my 2003 E350 7.3 4X4 SMB factory passenger seat that swivels. At 76 I'm finding it takes more energy to enter the van.
Having the front drives seat upholstery repaired might be a good time to have one installed.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:08 AM   #33

I'd say that pretty much any sturdy mounting surface will work fine, assuming it is located such that it helps pull you up and in. I mostly use the down low one to assist entry, and the high one is handy to grab when getting out. I've also found a small folding step for the Ms (stored under the rear seat) really helps.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:55 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
There are unforeseen consequences associated with visiting this Forum, you come across all kinds of projects which you want to adopt as well!
Did'nt actually feel like we needed one, but liked the idea of a grab Handle - so using some of the suggestions from RoamFarNWide and Roamoverland We came up with this:
Used a Poison Spyder head-rest grab handle and slipped that onto a high strength molded polymer carabiner, which hooks perfectly between the passenger seat seat-belt bolt and the slide its mounted to (no mod's - fits snugly between the two). No drilling, rubbing, possible scratches, or rattles because no metal. Handle sticks out just enough to make it very accessible - and perfect height.
I wouldn't have done this if you all didn't chime in - The Wife instructed me pass along her appreciation.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHV68JJ...ils&th=1&psc=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jeep-JK-Wra...72.m2749.l2649

My search provided a couple leads, but this was exactly what we needed - perfect height and an easy install. Great forum and lot of good ideas.
Adventure4us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #35

This is for "Adventure4us -- any chance of a photo from perspective of the attachment point of "B" pillar placement - and what screws did you use ?

Thanks !
doublevan2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 11:03 AM   #36

No screws needed for this. I think this post will answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
It takes a little wiggling to get the carabiner over the bolt - just make sure you put the grab handle on the carabiner first.
Can just barely see the back edge of the carabiner, but its where the two sections of the grab handle come together.
Hope this helps
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote