Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #3041

Replaced old manual hubs, Warn premiums

Replaced the old manual hubs on my E-350 with warn premiums. It was relatively easy. Lightly greased the new hubs per Warn instructions.
Attached Thumbnails
20200713_190130.jpg   20200712_161712.jpg   20200712_185249.jpg   20200712_190243.jpg  

runnerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 04:03 PM   #3042

Garage
Thought this worthy of sharing: ***WOODY WAX***.
https://www.amazon.com/Woody-Wax-Tow...5109575&sr=8-5

Rejuvenates the Aluminess bling & Bushwackers that have lost their luster over the years (and not that cheep oily look). Applied some 5 months ago on the recommendation of a friend whom owns a Yacht detail business...lasted 4.5 months. Very quick, effortless, and easy to apply (a little goes a long way!).
Wish I had taken before & after pic's, but this is the result when applied (applied it again this morning):
Old 07-19-2020, 07:38 AM   #3043
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
^^^ That is a nice sheen, not glossy and looking like Armor-All!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:54 AM   #3044
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
What did you do to your SMB today?

Nice....I dropped our rig off for a wash/wax and full hood clear bra. They used that greasy tire shine crap on everything, but it did bring the Alluminess bumper back to life, it had gotten pretty bad looking from all the calcified water down in Baja. I’ve got a non greasy vinyl, rubber and plastic dressing that will now be part of the cargo in the rig that should work, along side my bottle of 303 aerospace protectant, but I’ll look for that Woody Wax, looks good.
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 05:05 PM   #3045

Fixed my ac/defrost control selector.
I got attacked by a RODENT on a recent outing in the desert. But it can happen anywhere. AC and heat would work but just come out of defrost window vent.
The vent would only come out the windshield defrost vent, and I could not select dash or floor vents. This is the default when the system fails. The vent selector works off of a vacuum from the motor, so a failure is because of a vacuum leak, generally a cracked, broken, or RODENT MUNCHED air line failure. Second symptom is I got a low mixture code on my engine from the vacuum leak causing unexpected air intake source.
Well the line comes across the hood from the center (is red) to the right side fender to a air reservoir under the vents fan in a nearly impossible place to get to without major disassembly.
Well their are several YouTube videos how to repair this at very little expense or time.
I went the straight hook up bypass vacuum reservoir method and it works great.
Same trip my friends car got attacked and his motor blew up.
Cost me $25 to fix and a little over a hour under the hood. Be
dig255 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #3046
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Just cause it’s relevant....I use an LED emergency road flare to keep the critters away, mounted up with the built in magnet under the van or engine.
I started the van one morning last summer, and unbeknownst to me, a weasel had crawled up and perched itself on top of my nice warm engine the night before, well there was a terrible thud and I immediately shut the van down, but not before chewing up and spitting the critter out onto the gravel below and in turn, jumping my belt off at the same time. This now dead thing had emitted the worst musky smell!!! After replacing the belt and wiping things down, I later realized that jumping my belt was the least of the damage done, it had also rendered my fan clutch to be permanently engaged which I had to replace down the road, could’ve been worse if it didn’t work at all. Unfortunately, I did not have the road flare mounted up under the van to keep the weasels at bay that night.
There’s a ton of them available, rechargeable ones too....

SlimK Rechargeable LED Road Flares Auto Emergency Warning Light Safety Flare Roadside Traffic Beacon Magnetic Base With Storage Box 2 Pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D5YMPPJ..._QwpfFbJCG8YYG
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 07:02 AM   #3047

Rick, I feel your pain. I had the pleasure of helping an elderly neighbor remove the remains of her cat from her Subaru front drivetrain a few years ago. It's an occurence I will never forget. It actually would've been a lot easier and less gross if it hadn't festered there for a week or so before she figured it out. I'll say no more....
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #3048

Saturday....

I put a friend’s boat in Hellbetty! Had a wonderful morning paddle with my fam. I’ve been itching for water time which seems so much more appropriate in the heat than my normal road biking... tho my bike was in the van as well. Only problem is now I want my own boat! Just got done ordering a Buck$top Bumper so that will have to wait.
And now back to your regular technical posting
Attached Thumbnails
866B5111-FEC5-4749-83A8-3A7CEE072237.jpg   89D7FBF4-35B3-4A0A-BCEB-0B528975C520.jpg  
Annie O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 04:10 PM   #3049

I remember as a kid we visited a friend’s house. 12 miles later, we arrived home and a very wobbly small cat emerged from under the car—had made it the whole journey physically unscathed. Needless to say, that cat wasn’t going back. My parents claimed their friends had planned the “adoption”. Never could understand how it survived, but was glad it did.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:57 PM   #3050

Garage
We had a cat ride all the way home from Cincinnati, Ohio to our home in Underwood ,IN, at least a hundred miles, under the hood of our '81 Plymouth Voyageur (our original camping van). When my wife got in the car the next morning she heard a cat meowing. She finally located where it was coming from and had to get my son to pull some hoses up to extract the cat. My mother-in-law adopted it. We know it came all the way from Cincinnati because it had come up to us in the parking lot at the Museum of Natural History/Amtrac station where we had gone to pick up a friend. It was a cold night and I don't blame the cat for seeking a warm spot but it was surprising that it had made it all that distance and was still in there in the morning. I wonder how many of its nine lives it used up on that trip.
_________
Roger

Sorry, we seem to be getting off subject.
wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote