Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2011, 08:04 PM   #611

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Made my own hood bra today. I couldn't find them for sale online so I made it. Although it looks off in the pic, it is symmetrical on both sides.

time2mtbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 08:45 AM   #612
Site Team

Garage

I cleaned the outside with $20 in tokons and made a mess out of the carwash and myself and then Claudine cleaned the inside commenting on my previouse tries at doing it. pulled all the stuff out and checked and twisted all the cabnit screws. from last weekend.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #613

Removed and drained the fluids from my Yamaha EF1000 generator in preparation for selling it. Prepped, tested, and snugged into the Aluminess box my new Honda 2000 generator. Discovered that some of the plastic in a corner had cracked in shipping, but only after I filled it with gas and oil. It runs perfectly, so I just bit the bullet and realized I don't have to bum out about the first damage. It's already done.

Moved my Engel fridge in preparation for the Fantastic Vent fan install on Monday and my consult with the RV power guys. I'm lobbying for a way to fit two 4D batteries in there, but I'll probably have to settle for another Group 27. Thinking of a solar panel, as well, although I worry about theft. Not at home, but on the road. I worry too much, I think.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #614

Put the bikes on the bike rack to see if when we get a cover for the bikes it won't block out the rear lights. Only thing blocked out are the license plate. Now very exciting but something to do on a snowy day.

DABEE a 2006 Ford EB250 with penthouse top.
Life Is Good.
danamrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadcat
Removed and drained the fluids from my Yamaha EF1000 generator in preparation for selling it. Prepped, tested, and snugged into the Aluminess box my new Honda 2000 generator. Discovered that some of the plastic in a corner had cracked in shipping, but only after I filled it with gas and oil. It runs perfectly, so I just bit the bullet and realized I don't have to bum out about the first damage. It's already done.

Moved my Engel fridge in preparation for the Fantastic Vent fan install on Monday and my consult with the RV power guys. I'm lobbying for a way to fit two 4D batteries in there, but I'll probably have to settle for another Group 27. Thinking of a solar panel, as well, although I worry about theft. Not at home, but on the road. I worry too much, I think.
1) why'd ya go from the 1000 to the 2000?

2) IMHO theft of the solars is not an issue
i have trolled thru heaps of rv type sites, nary a mention of theft

3) can you sling the 4d's under the rig??, every square inch inside counts.......
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 09:44 PM   #616

Installed elastic cords in the fridge and counter shelf viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6564
Old 02-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #617

One thing progressed into another when fixing a leaking shower valve. I ended up replacing a rear panel after it becam swollen from water contact and then proceeded to find the routing of the water lines. This involved pulling wall panels and found a huge lack of insulation, and what was in there looked like one eyed monkeys did the install. So, doing insulation addition tomorrow.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 07:30 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by saline
...and found a huge lack of insulation, and what was in there looked like one eyed monkeys did the install....

but lets ignore, lest we be cut from the Mother Ship
billwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #619

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by saline
...and found a huge lack of insulation, and what was in there looked like one eyed monkeys did the install....

but lets ignore, lest we be cut from the Mother Ship

I continued my foray into dismantling my SMB today and proceeded to insulate a few more areas. I used a combination of R13 fiberglass insulation and Reflectex in the right rear door (left has a compartment with towels etc.) and also used Reflectex on the inside of the passenger front door, drivers will get done on Thursday. Also "murdered out" (painted black) a few more interior pieces such as the interior side and rear door handles and speaker grills.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 10:35 PM   #620

I got to 99.5% LED lights inside- the only thing left now is my fridge because I ordered a 211 short replacement and it's too short. On top of that one of the tabs broke. I was sooooo close!