Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #1761

Well yesterday I finally found and replaced the fuses for the dash power outlets my kids fried on our Christmas trip (turns out if you jam the accessories REALLY hard you can make a fun popping sound).

The reason I finally bothered to do this is a pending emissions challenge for which my OBDII port was not powered (shares fuse with one of the accessory power outlets) and not only would I fail emissions without them being able to plug in to it; only two days before my CEL came on. Once that was completely and totally fixed (*cough* ) I headed to my favorite diesel place and passed emissions, only to have the CEL come on not five minutes after I left!

It's a P0299 Turbo Underboost, but I don't have any loss/lack of power so I'm hoping it's something with the throttle, but in any case I don't have to deal with it right now because I already passed emissions!

Old 03-30-2016, 09:14 PM   #1762

Took the cover off. It has been on since October. Loaded all the usual items back into the van that I took out for the winter. Looking over the van it appears that newer tires are in order as well as a new gasket a round my homemade storage box.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 09:38 PM   #1763

I sterilized the water system on my new van. Well, technically, I'm leaving the bleach water in overnight, but I started the process today. That, and just made sure everything involved with the plumbing is working properly. Turns out the exterior shower is not working. Wondering if that's setup to only work when connected to a city water connection? That wouldn't make much sense but I suppose it's possible.

Then I went and bought a new faucet, new thermostat, and an under-sink soap dispenser. I'll try to get those installed tomorrow.
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:22 PM   #1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcvt View Post
I sterilized the water system on my new van. Well, technically, I'm leaving the bleach water in overnight,.
I'm sure you did, but run that water through all the tubing too.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 PM   #1765

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I'm sure you did, but run that water through all the tubing too.
Yep. Ran it through every tube this afternoon. Now every tube is filled with bleach until I drive to work tomorrow. Then, I'll flush the system three or four times.

Still perplexed by the outdoor shower system.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:30 PM   #1766

I did a deep clean on the van, ran a circuit so the solar will also float charge the start battery since the alarm will run it down, mostly installed my new GPS tracking device, and spent hours trying to figure out why there is no power to the drivers door switch that will trigger the tracking device. From what I can tell, power comes from a splice located in the wall near the wireless door lock module BEHIND ALL THE CABINETS.
I guess it's going to have to wait till I get back to it in the fall, I'm off to work for the summer. Darn...........
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:48 AM   #1767

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
I did a deep clean on the van, ran a circuit so the solar will also float charge the start battery since the alarm will run it down, mostly installed my new GPS tracking device, and spent hours trying to figure out why there is no power to the drivers door switch that will trigger the tracking device. From what I can tell, power comes from a splice located in the wall near the wireless door lock module BEHIND ALL THE CABINETS.
I guess it's going to have to wait till I get back to it in the fall, I'm off to work for the summer. Darn...........
Can't wait to hear more about the GPS install!
Old 03-31-2016, 05:26 AM   #1768

So, on the outside shower, are you sure water isn't getting to the line and it's not stopped up at the nozzle? I'm thinking there has to be a shut off somewhere, unless someone permanently un-plumbed it. It should be fairly easy to follow the lines from the pump/tank or whatever to it.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:34 AM   #1769

Garage
Re-adjusted the PH lift springs, I had tightened it 2 or 3 links last fall prior to our Baja trip with SUPs up top. Even with the load up top it was a bit much for my wife to lower the top. Backed it off a link and seems perfect now. Also flushed out the cheapo Vodka I winterized it with and topped off the propane. Ready to go for another run to Moab today...
Old 03-31-2016, 11:44 AM   #1770

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
So, on the outside shower, are you sure water isn't getting to the line and it's not stopped up at the nozzle? I'm thinking there has to be a shut off somewhere, unless someone permanently un-plumbed it. It should be fairly easy to follow the lines from the pump/tank or whatever to it.

So there is a shower valve under the couch, just like the drain valve on the main water tank. When open, I'm just getting a trickle. Guess I need to take it apart and look for obstructions.