Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2021, 06:26 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by werdstrave View Post
Hey ibike, do you know the steering wheel with buttons part number by chance?

The numbers for the buttons and clock spring are in the post above. As far as the steering wheel with the cutouts for the buttons, I couldn’t say. Mine came out of a van in a scrapyard.

ibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:49 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Hey ibike, do you know the steering wheel with buttons part number by chance?
Because the VSC control buttons vary with the year and whether its an F-Series or E-Series they are typically not included with the steering wheel. (The steering wheels fit both series, air bags and VSC controls do not. The year of the controls, clock spring and naturally air bag tend to be very year and series dependent. You'll order them separately even if from the same vendor.

VGC or better steering wheels are easily found on eBay--they're not cheap there, can find much lower prices at salvage yards but condition will vary greatly. Here's one but more for the category rather than this actual item: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25493903748...0AAOSwWs9gdD2N

One more: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15412309619...sAAOSwgq9biA94

And another one more: https://www.ebay.com/itm/15222392788...wAAOSw31pfhlut

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #23

I noticed all of those wheels you posted don’t have buttons. After some research it looks like the only wheels that come with buttons are 2010 and up. Would I be able to use these wheels from the 2010s on my 2006 E350? Not sure what sync is but assuming it’s something with blue tooth..

Steering wheel with cruise with sync (2010): AC2Z-3600-CA
Steering wheel with cruise w/o sync (2010): AC2Z-3600-BA

And then would these work with my existing clock spring or should I get:

Clock spring with cruise: 4C2Z-14A664-AA
werdstrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 09:31 AM   #24
JWA

Quote:
I noticed all of those wheels you posted don’t have buttons.
As I said the steering wheels I linked will not or should not have the switches---those need to be ordered by the year and series you are retrofitting VSC onto. As already sad the electrical components for VSC are year dependent in that install the incorrect parts and you still cannot enable VSC

Quote:
Steering wheel with cruise with sync (2010): AC2Z-3600-CA
Steering wheel with cruise w/o sync (2010): AC2Z-3600-BA

And then would these work with my existing clock spring or should I get:

Clock spring with cruise: 4C2Z-14A664-AA
Do you have a 2010 E-Series?
Old 06-04-2021, 02:04 PM   #25

I have a 2006 E350.

Ok, I thought if the steering wheel was blank, you could not attach buttons onto it (it doesn’t look like there are spaces to drop them in). Are you saying the blank steering wheels linked will accept separately purchased buttons for my 2006? If so, it sounds like I need to hunt those down. And also the clock spring mentioned before will work work them?
Old 07-24-2021, 03:38 PM   #26

Can anyone confirm that JWA's post on 1/18/21 is valid? I looked at my driver's rear fender and didn't see any existing wiring/clip that resembled those pictures. Just got back from the Ford dealer and had them enable VSC and nothing happened. Of course I replaced the clock spring and steering wheel before doing this.

So either I need vehicle specific buttons (my wheel was from a 2010 F) or I don't have the wiring to make this happen...
Old 07-25-2021, 07:19 AM   #27
JWA

Quote:
Can anyone confirm that JWA's post on 1/18/21 is valid? I looked at my driver's rear fender and didn't see any existing wiring/clip that resembled those pictures. Just got back from the Ford dealer and had them enable VSC and nothing happened. Of course I replaced the clock spring and steering wheel before doing this.

So either I need vehicle specific buttons (my wheel was from a 2010 F) or I don't have the wiring to make this happen...
My post is indeed STILL VALID and even the march of time will not change it--take that to the bank!

HOWEVER beginning in 2005 with the E-Series VSC was entirely within the PCM so the physical wiring of 2004 and earlier will not be present.

Also you can NOT mix the F-Series electrical bits with the E-Series especially for systems like VSC. If you used F-Series control switches that's the problem.

I've said it numerous times before just because something physically fits does not mean it will function as expected. Yet time and time again we get these same questions---gets to be a bit frustrating but I'm anal so disregard as you will!
Old 07-26-2021, 01:37 AM   #28

So given that my year is a 2006 E350, the fact that I saw no physical wiring should not matter and all I need is the good ole SW6219 buttons waiting for me in my amazon cart!?....
Old 07-26-2021, 05:50 AM   #29
JWA

In order to equip your 2006 E-350 with VSC you'll need:

1. Steering wheel with provisions to accept factory VSC control switches.
2. Clock spring specified for your year of E-Series.
3. Install the parts and connect all wiring.
4 Assure the VSC function has been enabled by someone with capability to do
so.

After those steps you should have VSC.

The steering wheel itself can be from and F-Series or E-Series BUT the clock spring and control switches MUST BE from your particular year and series!!! Your existing air bag will be re-used. REMEMBER to disconnect your negative battery terminal at least 15 minutes before performing this task.
Old 08-04-2021, 05:00 PM   #30

I just added cruise to my 2008 E350 6.0. Replaced the steering wheel and the clock spring. That part all went smooth. Decided to try it out and it would not engage. I figured I would have to schedule an appointment at Ford dealer to use IDS to ensure Speed Control was enabled. I was able to use Forscan with the live data option and added the PID for the speed control buttons. Turned out the On button from the 2007 steering wheel I got off Ebay didn't work(all the others did). Luckily I noticed when I press the Res button it registered as "On". So I took it out again for a spin and used the Res button instead of On and it enabled cruise and I even had the green indicator light on the dashboard. So now I will be replacing the buttons with a new set so the On button works again. So important lesson, test out the cruise buttons, Brake on/off, and Brake pressure with Forscan to ensure they are all working. Saved me a trip to Ford dealer.
cb_e350 is offline   Reply With Quote