Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2024, 06:09 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_ern_101 View Post
Here ya go dude.
https://www.coolgear.com/product/cha...type-c-charger

Try your laptop on 65W, most are fine unless you really need that 100 watt.

That being said those pins look a little wimpy to pull 8.5A sustained but what do I know.
My Laptop is an Asus ROG Strix G17, not exactly energy efficient. I saw that, less than flush mountable power / charging port, may have to go that way, doubt 65w is going to do it. I mean maybe to recharge after running off of battery all day, but that is about it...

I am finding a clearance problem with the converter in the position it is in. I think that this upcoming weekend I am going to swap install locations of the converter, and the DC to DC charger / MPPT charge controller. I need to have space for the air duct coming off the Velit heater to exit the bottom of the dinette base, and the converter cuts into that space by about 1".

dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 02:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbhosttexas View Post
My Laptop is an Asus ROG Strix G17.....
Before you got spending megabux to get a 100W charger, confirm that particular brand/model of laptop will accept a 100W charge from a non-ASUS branded charger. I have one as a work laptop and it will only take the 100W charge for the OEM charger, otherwise its clamped to 65W Max. Verified it with a couple different cables and chargers and even hooked an amp meter up in-line to confirm.
Big_ern_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 03:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_ern_101 View Post
Before you got spending megabux to get a 100W charger, confirm that particular brand/model of laptop will accept a 100W charge from a non-ASUS branded charger. I have one as a work laptop and it will only take the 100W charge for the OEM charger, otherwise its clamped to 65W Max. Verified it with a couple different cables and chargers and even hooked an amp meter up in-line to confirm.
I have a USB Type C docking station that I use with this computer that has a 100w charging but oddly enough, I use the regular charger for it on the dock instead of USB charging.

I am probably just best off plugging into the inverter.
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote