Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-23-2024, 12:42 PM   #31

Thank you so much for the reply, these threads are great for helping other people with the same problems, Let me know where it would be more convenient to continue the discussion. I saw that the Nations website has both regulators, I also read in one of the threads that Nations uses a proprietary wire harness, I will need to verify this. SMB did not provide a wiring diagram for their installation so I will reach out to see there may be other things lurking that might complicate me moving to Lithium batteries...whew what a journey. Glad I initiated this though I have learned a lot about my system. Not having an isolator explains why I had to jump the battery.

"If you are running a just 270XP for both batteries"
yes

I dont mind keeping them seperate and I am big fan of keeping it simple.

Twistedtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 12:58 PM   #32

Here is what I have documented so far. I have not added the MPPT for Solar, that will be a way future project.
See attachment:
Attached Thumbnails
Sportsmobile electrical diagram V2 with MPPT.jpg  
Old 01-23-2024, 02:50 PM   #33

OK, That is a standard Magnum inverter/charger with Remote Interface, and the BMK kit, that is the shunt and battery monitor. The information from the BMK is on the remote interface.

When I said both batteries, I mean both battery banks. You have the standard van electrical system, alternator , battery , starter, electrical distribution.

The house system looks like it includes you magnum inverter/charger and a battery bank made up of the two batteries parallel.

Normally, the easiest way to provide charging to the house system when driving is with the Surepower1315-200 separator or Blue Sea 762X ACR. There are others, but that was the most common for SMB, unless you are pre 2004 when they used surepower isolators.

Dual separate alternators was not a big option, that is why I question.

Wakespeed does have a harness, I would expect your existing alt would need to be modified, I am sure Nations could help with that. If going with Wakspeed it is best to make sure that they support your battery or more specifically the BMS. You can imagine that a BMS disconnect of the battery while the alternator was charging would not be a good thing.
Scalf77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 03:18 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
OK, That is a standard Magnum inverter/charger with Remote Interface, and the BMK kit, that is the shunt and battery monitor. The information from the BMK is on the remote interface.
Yes

When I said both batteries, I mean both battery banks. You have the standard van electrical system, alternator , battery , starter, electrical distribution.

The house system looks like it includes you magnum inverter/charger and a battery bank made up of the two batteries parallel.

Yes

Normally, the easiest way to provide charging to the house system when driving is with the Surepower1315-200 separator or Blue Sea 762X ACR. There are others, but that was the most common for SMB, unless you are pre 2004 when they used surepower isolators.

No isolater on my system that I can find

Dual separate alternators was not a big option, that is why I question.

Wakespeed does have a harness, I would expect your existing alt would need to be modified, I am sure Nations could help with that. If going with Wakspeed it is best to make sure that they support your battery or more specifically the BMS. You can imagine that a BMS disconnect of the battery while the alternator was charging would not be a good thing.
Thank you Greg, I reached out to Nations and am waiting on a reply