Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2022, 09:29 AM   #211

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
Does anyone know what years the Securilock system was available on the E series?
Not a super useful data point, but our 2013 is equipped with it.

motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 02:58 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Question for Revelco owners:

How long did it take before you stopped forgetting to insert and/or remove the plug? I've only had it for a few weeks, but feel like I might be setting a record for senior moments...

Hi Glenn,

Forgetting to remove plug: Rarely
Forgetting to install plug: All.The.Time
Old 02-14-2022, 05:42 PM   #213

Forgetting less now...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EB4WbVYiLGPgjQRT6[/IMG]
bec_n_em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 06:40 PM   #214

Garage
I like it! allow me:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...9Na3NQem5VVUR3
Old 02-15-2022, 09:45 AM   #215
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
I like that quite a lot!

If I ever get around to installing my Ravelco it would be just under my extended left hand on the factory steel seat base. I think (assume) that would alert me well enough?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:30 AM   #216

Thanks JWA, n thanks Felix for fixing my bad link! Just back on grid, in Death Valley area, Shoshone, been on the road for 6 weeks in the deserts from Tuscon to here, longest we've been out, total fun, beautiful country! Best, Em
Old 02-15-2022, 11:32 AM   #217

Harsh, but - - Crazy beautiful...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/v4NT6SDwXQyyveBF6
Old 02-22-2022, 05:33 PM   #218

I've had a Disklok for a few years.

I got it from a company in the UK. I did some research prior to my purchase by perusing forums and reviews based in the UK.
The Disklok was widely viewed as an effective deterrent, but bothersome to handle and store due to it's size and weight
When not in use, I've stored mine on a peg behind the driver's seat, It hasn't been particularly cumbersome.

My van is too tall for our garage, and we live in southeast Portland- a Mecca for car thieves- so I wanted an imposing looking and effective device (our first night at our new house, some 20 years ago, we woke up the next morning to find our car had been stolen).

Yesterday after reading your post, I drove to an empty parking lot, locked the Disklok around the steering wheel and tried driving with it attached.
I was able to crawl along, and sort of steer it.

The device is designed to rotate on the steering wheel, so I had to grasp the Disklok and attempt to steer by pressing my fingertips against the inside surface of the steering wheel.

The Disklok didn't cooperate, the locking protruding arm got blocked by my legs and the door. I think I'd be able to slowly crawl along the road with the Disklok attached, but I'd look like a drunk, cognitively impaired person, trying to drive while tripping on acid.

This isn't a good look if you're wanting to elude police detection.

When I first got the Disklok, I asked a neighborhood guy (a car-thief emeritus) to check it out. He indicated he would have definitely taken a pass on it... back in his day.

On the other hand, the Club seems pretty effective.

Everyone on the face of the earth, proclaims that car thieves will simply cut through the steering wheel, bypassing the club and drive away.
Our car thieves haven't. We had a few more stolen cars, but the thievery stopped when we began consistently using the Club.

I wanted better protection for the van though, and felt like I got it from the Disklok.
I'm hoping for a few more years before someone comes up with an easy way of hacking the device.

I just realized I'm responding to an old post..I'll never get into the talented and gifted class now.

zardac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 08:40 PM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by zardac View Post
I've had a Disklok for a few years.

I just realized I'm responding to an old post..I'll never get into the talented and gifted class now.
This is a new idea I haven’t heard of, thanks for a great suggestion.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 09:17 AM   #220

I'm considering adding some ArmaD locks to my doors. They look super stout and would add a level of deterrence. This would be in addition to the other defense in depth items to deter theft of the van or personal belongings. This is the closest thing I could find to what Earthroamer is using that I thought was pretty trick. Biggest downside is price. The one mod I would do is bigger washers or a plate on the backside to prevent prying and ripping thru the sheet metal w a pry bar.

https://lockitt.com/MulTlock-ArmaD-Rear.html
Oogs is offline   Reply With Quote