Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2022, 06:22 PM   #241

It can be defyingly tough to pull out if its never been removed since the factory. I had to carefully use some plyers on mine.

Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 06:34 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
It can be defyingly tough to pull out if its never been removed since the factory. I had to carefully use some plyers on mine.
True, it no doubt has never been out since day 1. Headed out first thing in the morning for 3 days, maybe I'll wait till I get back just in case something doesn't go well. Thanks
2019 Yeti SB130 Turq Race X01
Steve Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2022, 07:41 PM   #243

I generally disconnect the battery and then use a something to start prying up the relay each side a little bit at a time. Eventually it will come out.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 04:39 AM   #244
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I generally disconnect the battery and then use a something to start prying up the relay each side a little bit at a time. Eventually it will come out.

-greg
I use these for most every relay I have pulled since first discovering them: https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-46950-R.../dp/B002NR2Z56

The only caution is being careful when using as they can (and have) removed the outer cover shell from the relay base---I rock the pliers back and forth while pulling upward.

Even if the shell comes loose its easily reattached---just a snap fit.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 12:17 PM   #245

Bought one of the relay puller pliers and glad i did, it still required more pull than you would think but i got it out and undamaged. In my case on a 2008 V10 I'm replacing the starter relay. Installed the Cyclops relay and it works like a charm. I have been using it in manual mode so that requires a push of the button on the remote each time before you want to crank the van. I have forgotten a few times and when I turn the key...nothing happens at all, starter doesn't engage. I'm happy with it.
Old 10-30-2022, 02:09 PM   #246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
I like to spray a few drops of this electrical lubricant on parts like this. They will come apart easier, and it makes removing them the next time much easier.

https://www.crcindustries.com/produc...-11-wt-oz.html
N147JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 08:00 AM   #247
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by N147JK View Post
I like to spray a few drops of this electrical lubricant on parts like this. They will come apart easier, and it makes removing them the next time much easier.
Great idea to be sure---a dab or so of dielectric grease on the contacts works too.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 09:56 AM   #248

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
Bought one of the relay puller pliers and glad i did, it still required more pull than you would think but i got it out and undamaged. In my case on a 2008 V10 I'm replacing the starter relay. Installed the Cyclops relay and it works like a charm. I have been using it in manual mode so that requires a push of the button on the remote each time before you want to crank the van. I have forgotten a few times and when I turn the key...nothing happens at all, starter doesn't engage. I'm happy with it.
Called my insurance agent the other day to inform them of the install of the Cyclops Anti Theft Device for the purposes of a discount on my premium....a whopping $4 per year.
Old 12-15-2022, 12:16 PM   #249

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hunt View Post
…a whopping $4 per year.
I too would have expected more - but I’m a “glass half full” kind guy - that’s more money than I’ve won playing the lotto in 4 years (one $3 payout), so I’d look at it as progress when coupled with your peace of mind having the unit installed