Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2021, 07:42 AM   #61

I got my Talon finally and was a little disappointed that there are no installation instructions.

It looks like I’ll have to have access to the inside of the door-panel which may be tough with a SMB cabinet. Have people removed the carpet lining of the door cabinet to access the inside?

I may just put it in with a self-tapping sheet metal screw from the outside. Is that a bad idea?

Anyone have a link to installation techniques?

TechTonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:54 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTonics View Post
I got my Talon finally and was a little disappointed that there are no installation instructions.

It looks like I’ll have to have access to the inside of the door-panel which may be tough with a SMB cabinet. Have people removed the carpet lining of the door cabinet to access the inside?

I may just put it in with a self-tapping sheet metal screw from the outside. Is that a bad idea?

Anyone have a link to installation techniques?
Sorry! I will email you the installation instructions or provide a link to the instructions.
here is a pdf:
BlingMyRig-Door-Talon-Installation-Manual.pdf

Self tapping screw will not work for the pivot screw. The carpet lining typically can be sliced to access the door sheet metal.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:56 AM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Self tapping screw will not work for the pivot screw. The carpet lining typically can be sliced to access the door sheet metal.
FYI, I ws pretty nervous about the installation, myself. So, I procrastinated. When it became GO time, it was MUCH easier than anticipated.

Follow the instructions and you will be fine. If you have any questions about my experience, don't hesitate to PM me.
Old 04-15-2021, 08:58 AM   #64

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dig255 View Post
Well I asked broncohauler to remove arctic's false statement about the trailer part, but he has ignored me and let the lye stand. This was a transaction between me and arctic that went bad, and should have never been bright here as a disagreement between us. And when I tried to put my side of the story out I was censored.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Having been through this last year I can attest that it can be a nightmare. As mentioned, most carriers use brokers. They then post your request on a message board and locate truckers for you. Many will accept the job in hopes that they will have additional work along the same route but if additional transports don't turn up, they disappear. They promise to pick up you van on a certain date, but more than once, on the agreed upon date they don't show, have a ton of excuses and then vanish. This happened to me three times in a row. The fourth attempt was to have a private party tow it on a rented trailer, and that was a worse nightmare when it came off the trailer causing a bunch of damage, not to mention what I consider excessive personal expenses I had to pay the guy. I finally found a guy who successfully delivered the van to me, but in my desperation I ended up paying a huge premium, probably double the going rate. So, do your due diligence and make sure there is full insurance coverage for who ever you end up with (even more important if you have someone drive it). In addition, make sure its clear who will pay your deductible in the event of a loss, and get it in writing. I'd also install a tracking device so you can keep track of it along the way. Best of luck.
I'm the guy who helped with the trailer. Arctic arranged and rented the wrong size trailer, that was 120 miles out of my way not my fault.
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image.

I gave him 3 days of my free time, and only requested compensation for expenses agreed upon before hand, and I found him a place to store it until he made new arrangements no charge, and had to drive 100 miles out of the way to get the trailer and then return it another 100 miles putting me 120 miles from home. What are learned is I will never try to tow a GROSSLY OVER WEIGHT TRAILER risking damage to my own SMB trying to help a unappreciating stranger who asked for a stranger to help. Arctic put out the original request for help from anyone.
I have helped 6 other people on this forum with great success and all have given me good references, and some of those had there problems but those strangers understood the risk or reward. Blown tires, failed fuel pump(2 day delay), failed master brake cylinder ( almost died) used my AAA service to get van delivered. AND NEVER CHARGED ANYONE FOR MY TIME, just expenses as agreed upon.
All have known I am not a professional DOT DRIVER.
OK, we get it.....multiple times.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:04 AM   #65

Dig255 Doesn't care, he's on a self vindication mission. His ego is stuck in a feed back loop.
If you look around the site he's spammed about a dozen threads with that rant.

MODS what are you going to do about this!
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:25 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngster View Post
Dig255 Doesn't care, he's on a self vindication mission. His ego is stuck in a feed back loop.
If you look around the site he's spammed about a dozen threads with that rant.

MODS what are you going to do about this!
You know there is a "report" button right?
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #67

Garage
Hey Youngster, yeah, that’s why I posted that. It’s become spam. He’s making us suffer for his bad fortune - regardless who’s to blame. He is only turning other forum members against him.

But, then, it’s not new to me. I grew up around that kind of attitude.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
You know there is a "report" button right?
NO. But now I do, after you mentioned it. The icon is not obvious. Never had to look for it on this sight before.
Youngster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 10:15 AM   #69
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Does anyone else realize the original post by John Winsteller is now just a few days past being 10 years old?

Product survives thanks to 1der, its not without its fans and admirers---that includes me two different times!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #70

Garage
John installed mine over ten years ago. The pictures are early in this thread. It is still working perfectly. Such a great design and glad to see that it is still available.