Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-31-2023, 01:17 PM   #231

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Let's say you're at the beach and you get a bunch of sand on the floor...do you think that material would hold a bunch of sand and be hard to clean out? I've only seen that material from a distance and I like the look of it but I'd like to know if clean up after a beach day is just a shop vac and a wipe down or something more involved.
I can't say for sure, but I think that the sand would vacuum out fairly easily. Sand on the felt backer I think would not go as well but like I had said it seems to be pretty impenetrable and waterproof from the top woven vinyl layer down to the felt backer. On 2Tec2's website, they have a maintenance instruction PDF that has directions for cleaning everything from chewing gum to oil and even blood using almost nothing more than water and a vacuum.

Out of curiosity I just took a small sample and poured salt and flour (since I do not have sand) to see how easy it would clean, and with a quick shake and vacuum, there is no trace of either! I was also using a cheap amazon handheld vacuum with no bristles that I keep in the van so I think with a shop vac or a household vacuum you could easily clean sand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Thinks it's great you're taking into account the comfort of all the family members Austin!
Can't forget Ace! He's the closest thing to a child we will ever have so got to make sure we treat him as such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
I love that carpet install, really making me think about following in your foot steps
I would highly recommend it! I haven't got to use it out on a trip or anything yet, but I am already very happy with it.

aarcaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:22 PM   #232

I know I am bringing this back from way back, but I was curious if you could share what reverse camera/mirror combo you went with? I don't remember seeing that in the post (unless I missed it)? Thank you in advance. CRG
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2023, 01:36 PM   #233

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGgonzo12 View Post
I know I am bringing this back from way back, but I was curious if you could share what reverse camera/mirror combo you went with? I don't remember seeing that in the post (unless I missed it)? Thank you in advance. CRG
I am not sure if I had ever shared a link for it. The one I went with was the AUTO-VOX V5PRO from Amazon.
Old 03-31-2023, 01:45 PM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarcaris View Post
I am not sure if I had ever shared a link for it. The one I went with was the AUTO-VOX V5PRO from Amazon.
This is great thank you!
CGgonzo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 09:07 AM   #235

Garage
Floor Mat Update:
-Spent some time this weekend finishing up my last few details (edging and Snaps) of the floor mat and trying to find more spots to put the woven vinyl mat as I have a fair amount left over. Decided to add it to my drawers as a drawer liner, and my below bench storage box as we frequently keep boots under there. I still had a fair amount of material so I started trying to find more areas for it. I decided to add some inserts to the center console, and have to say I really like the little extra detail this adds! I still have a little bit of extra material, so I may continue to play around with adding it in a few more areas but for now, I am considering the floor mat complete and a total success!

Finished the edging around the transfer case shifter

Added some snaps, but you can hardly see them in this picture.

Added a grommet around the seat base bolt to help hold it in place.

Rear drawer mat.

Kitchen drawer mat.

Below the bench mat should make cleaning easier if we put dirty boots in there.

I really like the way these inserts add a little something to the center console.

Center console inserts

Old 04-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #236

Garage
Your floor turned out great. You said you tested several edge pieces from Amazon. Could you share which one you eventually went with?

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:07 AM   #237

Garage
Following this thread makes me wonder if I'm Neglecting my rig, maybe it's just Jealousy...What does your wife think about your 9,000lb mistress???
Old 04-04-2023, 10:54 AM   #238

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliesmom View Post
Your floor turned out great. You said you tested several edge pieces from Amazon. Could you share which one you eventually went with?
Thanks! The edge piece I went with was Edge Trim Black Small, Fits 1/16". The 2Tec2 material is 5mm thick or close 3/16", but the felt backer can be compressed some so it's closer to 1/8". I was looking for as thin of an edge as possible and with some serious pressure and a metal roller tool I could get the rubber edge to slid on to the woven vinyl. Some of the thicker edging I tried went on much easier but it was also a much thicker profile. If you decide to go with this one just be ready for a hand workout!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Following this thread makes me wonder if I'm Neglecting my rig, maybe it's just Jealousy...What does your wife think about your 9,000lb mistress???
Hahaha, luckily she loves the van too! As I have said before on here I think I have some OCD and possibly some obsessive tendencies so I tend to spend a lot of time on a project. At least it usually yields a good end product!
Old 04-09-2023, 06:04 PM   #239

Dude I couldn't imagine that your rig could get any nicer?? The carpet edging and all of the details look amazing! A little OCD? haha look at the drawer inserts. Seriously this van is better than Sportsmobile I think. Props.
h.grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2023, 03:34 AM   #240

Garage
Yeah, what they said. Truly looks great,

Tags
build, build thread, homemade, homemadesmb