Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 05:57 AM   #591

Quote:
Originally Posted by carringb View Post
Doing an '08 front-end swap is pretty straightforward. Probably easy than trying to squeeze a full turbo-diesel cooling stack into the pre-'98 grill. With the lower power numbers of the 12-valve, I suspect a stock 6.0PSD Cooling-Stack would work pretty well, and doesn't take up much space.
Good to know. More parts to keep an eye out for...

I'd expect having to raise the body off the chassis to swap the engine. I suppose one positive in my van is it's already a diesel (7.3 IDI), so at least the fuel tank could stay the same.

Of course, all of my friends would be shaking their heads due to how many problems I had with the Cummins in the '95 Dodge 2500 4x4 truck I had. It broke more often than my VW TDi. Although the big difference here is if I'm doing this much work, the engine I'd install would be freshly rebuilt with as many new components as possible.

I'm still waffling around on building out my van or just buying a new(er) Transit 350. Positives and negatives to both options.

IanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 09:36 PM   #592

What Injen intake are you using?
Old 07-04-2021, 08:57 AM   #593

Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
What Injen intake are you using?
2008-2010 F350 6.4L Powerstroke

Not a great fit in there without some work.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 10:01 AM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
2008-2010 F350 6.4L Powerstroke

Not a great fit in there without some work.

Thanks. You made it look factory.
Old 01-05-2022, 11:01 AM   #595

Quote:
Adapters are no problem.

Haven't been on they dyno yet. I have a 4-position, switch on the fly calibration that I'm about to flash to the ECM that has to be done first. I've been working with a tuner remotely to clear up some of the remaining DTCs. Data logging and emailing costs less than doing all the troubleshooting and calibration editing on a dyno.
I know this is over a year old now, but did the above mentioned adapters for the Expedition One rear bumper come to fruition? If so I'd be interested in which model bumper you used and acquiring the adapters.
Lone Wlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 12:31 PM   #596

I used the rear bumper made for the Chevy 2500HD. They now make a bumper for the Ford F-series which might work even better but since they won't answer any of my questions (repeated attempts) about the dimensions and what the mounting points look like, I've pretty much given up on Expedition One. I spoke to someone there and told them that I had several Eseries customers interested, that I'd share my dimensions for the Eseries mounting points, that the bumper they already make fits really well on the van and it would only take a few tiny adjustments in order to enter the Eseries market...they said "We'll take a look at the market". That was July of 2020. I've not heard anything back from them.

It took them 14 weeks to produce a raw steel bumper (I ordered it raw so I could powder coat my preferred color and asked for it to be sent unassembled to save them time). I like the bumper and it works fine, nice quality...however...I wouldn't do business with them again. Especially since the bumper is now over $1000 more than I paid for it in early 2020.

For the future Eseries projects that I have in the queue, I'm designing and fabbing my own bumpers. All of my experience (and frustrations) with aftermarket bumpers has led me to the conclusion that I want to do my own thing.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:19 PM   #597

Thanks for the info on Expedition One. To bad, as it looks decent quality. I may end up going the route of fabbing something up myself, got a backlog of other projects to take care of first... never enough time.
Lone Wlvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:42 PM   #598

97 Dodge Sportsmobile 4wd 5.9 Gas

I know so little about Dodge's, but would like to switch out the 5.9 Gas for a Diesel. Has this been done before ? Hoping for better mileage and not a huge hassle.

Thx for advice----
jimmygouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 12:46 PM   #599
Site Team

Quote:
...For the future Eseries projects that I have in the queue, I'm designing and fabbing my own bumpers. All of my experience (and frustrations) with aftermarket bumpers has led me to the conclusion that I want to do my own thing.
The bait has been set, so when do we get more info?

Herb
Old 01-08-2022, 03:20 PM   #600

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmygouge View Post
I know so little about Dodge's, but would like to switch out the 5.9 Gas for a Diesel. Has this been done before ? Hoping for better mileage and not a huge hassle.

Thx for advice----
It won't fit, and the Dodge van is a unibody, so you can't do a body lift and the exrtra twist of that Cummins might put too much twist on the body.

You probably could do a BT4 swap.