Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to MikewTV
Too Ignorant to pick Wheels/Tires

Sorry for a new Wheel/Tire thread but, after researching threads I just can't bring it home and figure out how I get the right wheels and tires for my 2008 Quigley 4x4.

I did read the posts I could and am thinking that Toyo Open Country ATs on some new silver rims (not black because my partner wants em silver.) are what I want. I like the look of the Mojave wheels. I have figured out I cant just walk in and buy those some where, I have to order wheels online (that was news to me.) Size wise for tires it seems from what I have been reading that something like a 285/70-17 is rising to the top as likely for me.

So, how do I know for sure I am getting the right size? Currently, my van came with 17 inch rims, and Hancook Dynapro AS size LT 245/70R17. They look undersized but, I wanted to use them for a couple years since I had paid for them. They may still have some life in them but, one is leaking regularly and I have the cashflow to get myself upgraded as a Bday gift to myself.

I live on a dirt road that gets rutted. I drive through east coast ice and snow all winter. I do not go offroad. This is my daily driver.

So, I think step one is ordering some 17 inch wheels. Then I can worry about the tires. So, any advice on how to determine what I need (or even recommendations on other brand wheels you might think are better are welcome.) There is no advice too obvious, I am self proclaimed ignorant in this area. Thanks gang.