Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #1441

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Replaced both fuel filters and the air filter. Would have gone a lot faster if I didn't have to take out the CAC tube and air intake to retrieve the 24mm socket that I dropped into the lifter valley.

BTW, whose bright idea was it to use a 24mm on the top filter cover, and a 25mm on the bottom cover?

Old 06-09-2014, 09:53 AM   #1442

Garage

Todd, I thought Ford products used SAE fasteners (inches)?
Old 06-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #1443

Mine seems to be mixed. When I changed my vacuum pump, the bolts to the block were 10mm, the larger bolts holding the PS and radiator reservoirs were 8mm, but the bolts holding the wiring harness under the cowl were 7/32". The hose clamps for the intake and CAC tube are metric, too.
Old 06-09-2014, 01:12 PM   #1444

Today I took out the stereo and totally rewired it CORRECTLY. From the PO it was all backwards and was working terribly, next is backup camera!
c7train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #1445

On our last trip to southwest Utah the rear door lock stopped locking the door. It would still unlock it but I feel that locking is more important. So as soon as we got home I opened that door panel and pulled out the bad actuator motor and ordered a new one. Once I figuring out how it came out, it was a quick and easy job. When the new motor arrived, it only took about 10 min to install it.
Except for the fact that I found some space for a bit more storage (another project viewtopic.php?f=13&t=13867) I would have had this door all buttoned up in no time.

My wife questioned my priorities on this because in my daily diver/work van (GMC Safari) the drivers side door lock actuator motor has been broken for well over a year and I can't seem to find the time. But with the SMB I was on it the day after we got home. So I figured my priorities are spot on. Right?
jwintersteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:28 PM   #1446

Spot on. Never doubt yourself again.
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #1447

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwintersteller
My wife questioned my priorities on this because in my daily diver/work van (GMC Safari) the drivers side door lock actuator motor has been broken for well over a year and I can't seem to find the time. But with the SMB I was on it the day after we got home. So I figured my priorities are spot on. Right?
Hahaha are we related? I drive a Chevy Astro as my daily driver with many issues one of which is no working AC currently. The Sportsmobile however is in tip top
Old 06-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #1448

Garage

A simple modification that is now my favorite. I was getting frustrated with the fact I could not get my Tea jug into my fridge. I had to put in a ton of smaller containers. This was getting old and to the point of looking at new fridges. Then I had an idea. Below is the end result:

The welds were not as nice as I would have like, but try to keep as much plastic on the metal as I could. Now I can slide a gallon container into the fridge with no problem.

TexGX
Attached Thumbnails
Tea.jpg  
2006 Casita (Makes it a three bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath)
TexGX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:24 PM   #1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH
Finally got around to making a spot for my Hi Lift. I don't always carry it around, and the roof rack was just to difficult to take it on and off like I prefer. So, I took a sawzall to my brush guard and then cleaned it up with a dremel. A couple of coats of rattle can black to seal it back up. Not necessarily the cleanest, but it the jack slides in nicely and didn't rattle around at all when I ran some errands yesterday afternoon. I have a lock on the drivers side so it doesn't relocate.
you in australia?
Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #1450

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanw909
Spot on. Never doubt yourself again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHenrietta

Hahaha are we related? I drive a Chevy Astro as my daily driver with many issues one of which is no working AC currently. The Sportsmobile however is in tip top
I knew my wife was wrong about this and I knew you all would understand.

MrHenrietta, I have a funny story about my GMC's AC. It stopped working in 2008. It still blew cold air but I couldn't control it. It would only blow in the MIX setting (defrost/feet). I assumed my controller was bad and thought is would be an expensive repair. Earlier this year I was reading a thread on this forum about losing the power brakes do to the vacuum pump going out. Someone mentioned that if you notice a slow reaction when selecting vent/AC positions, it could mean your vacuum pump is going out.
This got me to thinking about my GMC. Maybe a vacuum hose was disconnected? So I started looking around. Long story short, I found that almost all the vacuum hoses were disintegrated. $7 of hose and about 1 hour later, my AC was working like new. That was 6 years of not being able to have cold air blowing in my face. All because of 5' of vacuum hose.
jwintersteller is offline   Reply With Quote