Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2023, 09:25 PM   #1

Routing new 12v wire for a new fridge.

My 93 came to me with a 110v "dorm fridge" shoved where the Original should have been in my RB11 floor plan, just above the port o potty cabinet and right behind the drivers seat... There is a pantry cabinet, and the Starcool above and below a closet before you get to the dinette bed with the electrical compartment.

I am wanting to install a Bodega 45l (1.6cu/ft) 12v compressor fridge. Physical dimensions wise it is a MUCH better fit than the dorm fridge, however...

How in the word can I cleanly route a new 12v cable from where the fridge installs to the electrical compartment?

I was thinking up through the inside edges of the valances for the day / night shades, and across the top / back of the big cabinet, staple the wire into place so it won't interfere with the day night shade. BUT...

Well I need to figure out how to get the day night shade valances apart (and back together) to do this. I can immediately tuck the wire behind the dinette cabinet end and pop out in the electrical compartment no problem, and the end of the day / night shade is where the connection for the fridge needs to be anyway. The new fridge will be covering most of that window anyway, might as well not be there...

Anyway, any advice on running this wire cleanly would be greatly appreciated. I am not really sure how these interior bits and bobs are assembled and I don't want to break anything....
dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote