Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 09:52 PM   #1

Awesome info! Thank you.

Yes, I have a 12v Dewalt charger that will be replaced when I’ve fully changed over (I will have both systems side by side for a bit) and I love the USB/12v power blocks that run off of those batteries.

The 5ah M18 that came with the chainsaw should also be able to provide a few evenings of in camp lighting [emoji6]
WanderingBison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 08:54 AM   #2

The great thing about Milwaukee is their innovation of new tools they add to their product lines. That and their quality put them on a different level.

A couple of the go to tools I use a lot. A battery powered heat gun, it works so well I rarely put out the plug in model. A soldering iron if perfect for those times that I need it. And the little 12 volt installation drill/driver with its offset, and right angle adapters fill the gap that their larger units can't do.

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:38 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
The great thing about Milwaukee is their innovation of new tools they add to their product lines. That and their quality put them on a different level.

A couple of the go to tools I use a lot. A battery powered heat gun, it works so well I rarely put out the plug in model. A soldering iron if perfect for those times that I need it. And the little 12 volt installation drill/driver with its offset, and right angle adapters fill the gap that their larger units can't do.

Been away a few days, wanted to re-visit this thread and now for good reason---Scalf77 has two Milwaukee tools I've long considered but never (yet) let follow me home.

The M12 soldering iron and M18 heat gun are vastly interesting for their portability and assumed usefulness. The only real "need" for the heat gun is in my glass business that occasionally finds me warming a windshield so a 3M VHB tape will adhere---that's some temperature picky material.

I'll never fully relinquish or eliminate my corded Milwaukee heat guns but for quicky jobs the cordless would be idea.

Soldering iron would allow me to keep the Weller gear inside while working in the drive way on different wiring projects. Being very particular about soldering irons I'd be curious how it performs AND what brand of tips does it accept? (I've lost count of the dollars and number of Weller tips I've bought to accommodate different jobs. )

I do have the Milwaukee 2505-20 Installation/Driver multi-head tool---one very useful tool in the right circumstance. Add in the dandy soft sided compartment carry case and its a handy man's dream. (I use the carry case to house my M- 18 #2767 1/2" monster impact---perfect fit with the partitions removed. )

Looking forward to any comments or ideas!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:57 AM   #4

I carry my Milwaukee cordless ratchet, M18 3/8" impact driver and drill whenever I go "Over-roading). I am not a true Overlander. I have changed tires a few times on country backroads. The cordless ratchet makes roadside repairs and modifications easy.

I owned a diesel van for several years that greatly honed my repair skills. I will never work on vehicles again without my Milwaukee power tools. The diesel and I divorced 2 years ago and I hooked up with gasser. She still likes to be pampered with Milwaukee tools.
coolfeet is offline   Reply With Quote