Okay so I had any updates lately it's been very very hot here so efforts been minimal plus we've got my wife a new convertible and I've been troubleshooting the hydraulic motor on it.
Ended up the ml off-road track bar bracket won't work because I'm not going very tall I think you have to do a minimum of a 4in lift to be able to clear. It was resting directly on my pumpkin with a mounted in place..
It's a pretty stout unit I'll probably go ahead and sell it once I get a couple miles on the van and I'm sure I don't want to change over to that design..
So with that said I have drill to put capture nuts on the factory cast iron bracket track bar. Bought a BD diesel solid machine track bar very Stout just as strong as the original I read some reviews for people who bought cheaper ones and had them bend definitely don't want that happened while I'm hauling kiddos.
ended up having to make some ugly shock extensions cuz I just bought these Fox 2.0 s last year and I'm kind of tired of spending money at the moment so I still have full wheel travel but I needed to gain about four more inches of shock length. They're ugly but they'll work for now they're welded to the factory bracket at the bottom to keep them lined up.
I did a quick driveway alignment I got the F-250 pitman arm that I still need to ream out a little bit more and then the steering's all dialed in. I have a 45 degree offset on My keyways. look at the pictures to see the difference.. and let me tell you that thing is hard as hell to drill!!
Neither going to put bump stops on it I only have about 2 inches of up travel until my pumpkin will contact the crossmember but it may be the lowest four wheel drive conversion aside from a twin beam I'm not sure. But I didn't want to give up my 880 s helwig front springs is they Ride amazing!! and I tried to pull the bolt that holds the lower spring perch and can't get it off of either one of my Dana 60 axles so putting a puck underneath the spring perches not going to happen without a torch...eek!!!
Got to put fluid in the differential bleed the brakes and put the track bar ball joint in on the axle and she will be ready for her maiden voyage!!!
the track bar ball joint got lost in the mail that's two major key components that have been lost in the mail on this build now. But it only delayed me like 3 days and today was a much cooler day here in Ohio after it poured down rain!
I'm stoked to almost be done with the axle install!!! I miss driving her!!
Oh..it looks like she may level out with the front axle..no more big rear end in the air!!
Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk