Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2022, 11:15 AM   #31
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Window mechanism stripped??

It may be you just received the wrong part? And for them to indicate they’ve never had an order for the one you received is suspect, I can’t be the only one, and Ray ordered up 2 for me I think directly with CRL, maybe DK messed up? Contact Ray, he’s got an account with CRL, might make the difference to order direct

CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 11:26 AM   #32

Upon googling the part numbers from when I posted the Hobotech video link above, the same parts at the same price I paid from 2 years ago came up from Pelland:

Left hand: https://www.pellandent.com/Left-Hand...-Operator-Hehr

Right hand: https://www.pellandent.com/Right-Han...r-Hehr-008-192

I’ll let you decide if either of these are right for you, but they appear to be available.

Good luck!

MarinBlaine
"MooseMobile"
2001 E250 5.4 EB50 Aero Hightop
MarinBlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 04:59 AM   #33
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarinBlaine View Post
Upon googling the part numbers from when I posted the Hobotech video link above, the same parts at the same price I paid from 2 years ago came up from Pelland:

Good luck!
FWIW those parts are compatible with Hehr units that were quite prevalent in a few years past, you'd find that brand in many, many vehicular applications where other-than-factory window units were desired.

I'm amazed parts are possibly still available but it's probably good news if you have some version of the earlier Hehr movable windows.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2022, 08:41 PM   #34

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZTQ246/

Even more fun is when the glass falls out. All 3 of my crank out windows are now glued shut or inoperable.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2022, 11:38 AM   #35

Garage
Yeah I was a bit floored that DK said it was a part nobody had ever ordered. I ordered the D-Seal as well and they claimed that was new to them, too. But then again, I had to argue with CRL that the seal even existed and finally had to point them to their own website which has a drawing that shows it. Overall rather unimpressed with CRL from the communications I had with them; hopefully that is an anomaly.

The Hehr parts I’m not sure would fit; I’m guessing based on the location of the mounting holes.

In my google search blitz I found several references to CRL part numbers R7022 for a left hand window and R7023 for a right hand, often with ‘Discontinued’ associated with it which is disconcerting. However, I found this source below and the measurements are close and for the price compared to what I paid for the one I have I took a chance:

https://doorandwindowparts.com/colle...38291877429423

If these don’t work I’ll have to chat up Ray.

Man I hope the glass doesn’t fall out, that would be a huge PITA…
Old 05-30-2022, 11:44 AM   #36

Garage
Also, for what it’s worth, I don’t think the mechanism internals actually stripped. The two housing halves are pushing apart which allows the internals enough movement to disengage the gear mesh from what it looks like. If I push it back together with pliers it works for a bit but the flimsy housing have already been compromised so they bend back out pretty quickly. Kicking idea of letting the redneck in me loose and JB Welding the split line to see if that works at all…
Old 06-03-2022, 02:22 PM   #37

Garage
For future reference, R7023 isn’t an exact fit. Same size, but one hole is in a different location, the start/stop position of the barrel tabs is clocked incorrectly. Window frame and bar could be modified to make work if needed.
Old 06-03-2022, 08:53 PM   #38

Here is what I have found-
spoke to CRL to get gearbox p/n for the FW904RS awning window. The part number is GEARB0X46R.

I ordered this part for REF a couple of years ago for his window - the part number was the same and it fit/worked on his FW904RS awning window

Every FW904RS I have seen has the crank on the right when looking at the window from inside. If the crank is on the left then that would be a different window part number.

I can order these, lead time is about 8 weeks. Cost right now is $48 per plus postage. If there is enough interest I would likely order 4 or 5 do there might be one available for an "emergency".

Let me know!
Old 06-04-2022, 11:37 AM   #39

Garage
Ray,

I'm interested in ordering one to put on the shelf just in case. I'll send a PM.

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:17 AM   #40

Alright, after much craziness and MANY conversations with CRL here is the scoop:

(short take: Correct part # is GB0X46R)
Click image for larger version

Name:	FW904RS crank pic.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	45131

CRL, and any distributors using the CRL info have had the window crank information screwed up.

The pictures CRL had associated with their GEARB0X46L and R were reversed AND the descriptions for the parts were identical an only referenced the FW620 window. Lots of missing information.

I received a call back from CRL yesterday and had a great conversation around improving the customer facing information to include all the windows these gearboxes are used on. They also contributed listing the proper gearbox as a replacement part reference on the window page itself.

So, the CORRECT PART NUMBER for the FW904RS (arguably one of THE most popular van conversion windows over the past 20 or more years) is GB0X46R - note that the 0 is a zero.

I have one available now and can order more. The least expensive approach will be to accumulate pre-orders so I can have them all shipped to me at one time since CRL charges more than it really costs to ship these out. I can then ship these first class mail and help everyone save a bit. If I do it this way I can offer these from CRL for $45 including the shipping. If a one off from CRL drop shipped is needed then the cost is going to be $55 to cover what they charge.

I will work on getting this added to our BlingMyRig.com website to facilitate ordering. In the meantime, post up here if interested in getting one.

Cheers! Ray