Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-13-2014, 10:36 PM   #1471

Garage
Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Been staying busy with little projects on the van the last few weeks since Agnes' arrival to UT...

Here's what she's gotten done at the spa so far...
-as a temporary measure went ahead and removed and painted the rusty tubular steps w/ rattle can truck bed liner. Will be sourcing a more off road friendly setup here soon - leaning towards CBI Offroad for a set
-painted all the exterior chrome doo-dads black (furnace vent, grey water vent, water fill, shore power outlet and water heater cover). Looks SO much better with these things blacked out on the silver van - pics coming soon...
-spent about an hr going thru all the screw fittings in the van cabinetry and shockingly there were only a few that were loose. very pleased w/ the overall condition of the van the more i poke around.
-had the windows professionally tinted. the back doors got Limo, the side doors 1 step lighter than Limo and the driver/passenger windows tinted w/ max legal. with temps this past week nearing 100, i have noticed a big difference in how much cooler the van is staying.
-fresh Toyo AT2's installed 285/75/16 E-rated
-spent a solid hr figuring out the Nav/DVD system dialed along with rerouting the iPod connector. Holy Hell does this thing have a pimpin' sound system. very impressed how pro of an install it has

Still to come...
-Aluminess rear bumper w/ a Deluxe box and Bike swing arm - likely getting the bumper/box installed this week down at Advanced4x4. Bike swing arm and side ladder I'll order up from Aluminess
-replace Front bumper. Either an Aluminess or maybe an alum Buckstop Baja -thoughts?? ordering either one in the next few days.
-spray penthouse w/ Raptor liner and replace gasket. I got the tintable kit last week and will get the ford silver paint this week to tint. I just need these temps to cool down a bit for this project. thankfully my roof isn't leaking at all, just the clear coat is peeling a bunch up there and I want it bombproof for winter if I am unable to get it in the garage.
-RIP kit along with upgrading the Quigley arms w/ CCV or similar units

Old 07-20-2014, 03:48 AM   #1472

Every time i was sitting near the side doors i hate to have a direct view to the dirty metal unter the entrance cover. So i took a plastik panel and built a cover. No big deal....

Attached Thumbnails
IMGP2575.jpg   IMGP2579.jpg  
schluchtenflitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:10 AM   #1473
Site Team

Garage

Used it up above bishop. Running with a new nv van that's 4wd and it's doing great

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #1474

"Installed" a set of AVS side window deflectors (http://www.autoanything.com/deflectors/61A1739A0A0.aspx). Super easy and they seem to make a difference with the wind noise while driving with the windows open.
Old 07-22-2014, 12:32 PM   #1475

On the way back from our recent camping trip, the van started to overheat so I pulled over to see what was going on. Coolant leaking out of the front passenger wheel well so I knew the heater core just went. I was able to fill the radiator back up with water from the holding tank and drive the remaining 30 miles home without the AC on. Got the heater core replaced today its ready to roll again...although I don't know when our next trip will be.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #1476
Site Team

Garage

After the last few trips I have noticed the tranny getting hotter on climbs and not when in 4th so I have a feeling that the torque converter is heading south. I plan on doing all the shift upgrades a billet TC and a 6 gear steel basket if I already do not have one( at 110K the shop thinks I do) what else can you think of?

I'm only seeing 220 but I did get a bunch out of fluid out of the breather going up the grade to south lake last weekend and I needed 4 low to climb to Coyote ridge.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 PM   #1477

^ just got back from a weekend in San Simeon. Trans fluid never passed 185deg. 300k on mine. It hesitates/delays engaging drive, however. Better safe than sorry. So getting a John Woods Trans with billet Tq converter.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #1478

Polished my lug nuts! And the rims while rotating the tires (with the spare). That was a hard job in the San Diego muggy heat today! I still have one more increment to torque.

OK made it to 140 in 5 increments and two drives around the block to make sure everything is seating.

2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #1479

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatO
Polished my lug nuts! And the rims while rotating the tires (with the spare). That was a hard job in the San Diego muggy heat today! I still have one more increment to torque.

OK made it to 140 in 5 increments and two drives around the block to make sure everything is seating.
Clockwise alternating pattern on the passenger side for the lug nuts, I hope!

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #1480
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatO

Clockwise alternating pattern on the passenger side for the lug nuts, I hope!
Unless you're driving south of the equator, then counter-clockwise.

Herb