Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2020, 12:52 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam View Post
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.. if you find a van you want at a price you’re willing to pay, you need to buy it. If you can’t fly in 24 hours, then wire a deposit. These are very rare vehicles, and you need to move fast, or someone else will.
Yes, I am WELL aware of this, hence my absolute shock. We have plenty of money, no financing needed, and know I need to hustle, and am prepared for that. I've done this before. I called Thursday, wanted to fly down on Friday to see it (a mere 1 1/2 hour flight), but he said he can't show it on Friday because his mobility is poor, and his wife won't be home until late that night. So I said I could come Saturday morning, whenever it's convenient for him. He then said someone is coming at 3 on Friday to see it and they seemed very serious (after he said he wasn't showing it on Friday...), and because that person was the first to call, he wanted to honor that. I got a call Friday night saying the man passed on purchasing it, and I was next in line, and no one else has called about it, but wanted me to call back Saturday morning. Saturday morning comes, and I call him like he asked, could still fly down that day, and that is when he interrupted me in the middle of me saying "So looking at my flight op--" to which he stated "I already accepted a different offer" and then hung up on me.

I did everything right, was so pleasant and excited, but still got screwed. He wouldn't answer the phone when I tried calling him back.

I actually now wonder if there really was another offer between the hours of 8:30 pm Friday and 9 am Saturday....